“Men ambushed, shot and robbed”

Two Bryan residents were arrested Monday, less than

18 hours after three men were ambushed and two were shot outside a vacant home in west Brazos County.

Albert Charles Bolden Jr., 21, and Angelika Marie Young, 20, were charged with three counts of aggravated robbery in the attack on the group — two brothers from Texas City and a Bryan man — and stealing from their vehicles, Brazos County Sheriff Chris Kirk said.

As of late Monday, the sheriff’s office had issued a warrant for a third man believed to be involved, but deputies were waiting to see if he would turn himself in, Kirk said.

According to one of the men attacked, Kirk said, he and his friends had met Young at a car show in Austin on Sunday and had agreed to give her a ride home since they were heading the same way.

When they got into town, Young directed the men to a home in west Brazos County near the intersection of Stewarts Meadow and McAllester Lane, Kirk said.

She indicated she lived there, he said, but it turned out the house was vacant and two men were hiding in bushes waiting for them.

“”Out of the dark, these guys jump out and started shooting, multiple shots,”” Kirk said. “”The victims were fortunate to be able to escape.””

One of the Texas City men was shot in the left shoulder, and the Bryan man was grazed by a bullet in the arm, Kirk said. They ran to the nearest home to get someone to call police, he said, and the two vehicles they were in were stolen.

Kirk said both stolen vehicles, which belonged to the Texas City brothers, were found under the Brazos River bridge off F.M. 60. The tires, rims, stereo and amplifier system were stolen from one vehicle, Kirk said. The stereo and amplifier system were taken from the second vehicle, he said.

Stealing the items from the vehicles appeared to be the group’s motive, he said.

The two men who were shot were treated at St. Joseph Regional Health Center with non-life threatening injuries, officials said.

Bolden and Young were each being held in the Brazos County Jail on Monday night in lieu of $300,000 bail.