“Yo Taylor, I’m gonna let you finish, but… “

The Grammys this year were interesting. Most artists who received nods deserved it. One winner, however, was a different story.

Taylor Swift, who was up for eight Grammys for her album Fearless, walked away with three, and managed to drop one during a photo shoot after the awards show.

Swift received one of the top awards with best album of the year. Artists in contention for the award included Beyoncé for I am…Sasha Fierce, Lady Gaga for The Fame, The Black Eyed Peas for The E.N.D. and Dave Matthews Band for Big Whiskey And The GrooGrux King. But Swift’s album fails to compare to the caliber of the other albums.

Swift, has received multiple awards this season for an album that was made for 15 year olds. It has adolescent lyrics about short skirts, T-shirts, cheer captains and bleachers, layered on top of old beats. The Taylor Swift hype will fade within the year as people slowly come to realize that they cannot relate to words written for children — like the song “”Fifteen,”” about starting your first day of high school. I’m sorry Taylor, but your award season reign has come to an end. People are going to get wise to the cheesy lyrics you write.

Lady Gaga and Beyoncé both deserved the title of album of the year more than Swift. The variety of Beyoncé’s album is astounding, with diverse songs like “”Halo,”” “”Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It),”” “”Diva”” and “”If I Were A Boy.”” With the hype of The Fame, the most singles on the top 10 list in history, and her recently released follow-up album The Fame Monster, Lady Gaga, who is rapidly becoming one of the biggest stars in the music industry, deserved more nods for the new edge she has brought to the industry through her image and her lyrics. She knows how to be a performer — her recent tour has sold out multiple nights of her show — and how to make music that will last. In 10 years the “”tween”” generation won’t be able to relate to songs like “”Fifteen,”” unlike “”Bad Romance”” by Lady Gaga.

Don’t get me wrong, Swift’s album is decent, but the fact of the matter is that it only appeals to the young. Artists like Beyoncé and Lady Gaga reach a broader group of people and should have been the only two contenders. Swift’s selection came out of left field.

Swift will ride this album, but Lady Gaga and Beyoncé will smash her next album. Go back to singing with teardrops on your guitar, Swift, and let the real artists get the recognition they deserve for their unbelievable albums.