Police Beat: February 6

Life of the party

A UA student was taken to University of Arizona Medical Center for extreme intoxication at 12:38 a.m. on Feb 3.

University of Arizona Police Department officers went to Apache-Santa Cruz Residence Hall in response to a report of a woman throwing up due to intoxication. When police arrived, Emergency Medical Services personnel was already assessing the woman.

EMS noted the student’s skin was pale, her eyes were drifting to the back of her head and she smelled of alcohol.

Her friends said that she had been at an off-campus party.
    Her vitals were taken and passed along to the Tucson Fire Department, who transported the student to UAMC for extreme intoxication.

A referral to the Dean of Students Office for diversion was completed.

Bicycle vigilante

An attempted theft of a bicycle outside the Gould-Simpson building was reported at 1:32 a.m. on Feb. 1.

UAPD officers went to Saguaro Hall to meet the man who reported the theft.

The witness had been walking home when he saw the suspect cutting a bicycle lock next to Gould-Simpson.

He then chased the suspect, who was trying to ride away on the bike, and pulled him off. The suspect then fled the scene.

“I’ve had three of my bikes stolen and I got really mad,” the student said, when officers asked why he chased the student, rather than calling the police.

The suspect was described as a white man with blue eyes and blond hair, wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans.

UAPD officers took custody of the bike, but were unable to find its owner. The bike is currently in property and evidence at the UAPD station for safekeeping. There are no suspects at this time.

Sorry for party rockin’

A UA student was referred to student diversion for alcohol consumption at 1:10 a.m. on Feb. 3.

She was spotted getting out of a car at Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall and falling to the ground. The student had trouble getting up and exhibited signs of intoxication when police spoke with her.

Officers noted vomit on the side of the car and the woman’s dress, hair and cheeks. The student said she had been at an off-campus baseball party, where she’d taken five shots of vodka. She was
    slurring her words and had watery bloodshot eyes.

She was then escorted to her room in Coronado Residence Hall and referred to the Dean of Students Office for diversion.