President Donald Trump addresses crowd in Mesa, AZ

Gage Skidmore/flickr
The current President of the United States, Donald Trump.

In a packed airport hanger blaring classic rock hits, President Donald Trump delivered remarks to a Mesa, Arizona crowd that was decked out in “Make America Great Again” gear and American flag attire on Friday.

Trump visited to help boost the campaign of Republican senatorial candidate Martha McSally and arrived a day earlier to attend a fundraiser for McSally at the Scottsdale Princess Resort.

Early Friday, the pair toured Luke Air Force Base west of Phoenix. In order to attend the rally, which was scheduled in Mesa, some 50 miles from Luke, the pair arrived in Trump’s presidential chopper, a hybrid aircraft that exhibited characteristics of both a fighter jet and a helicopter.

“I’m so happy to be here in Arizona,” Trump said before warning the crowd that “everything we do can be destroyed if [Democrats] get into office.”

Trump focused his comments on the nation’s economy, crediting himself for the recent boom of manufacturing jobs and for passing comprehensive tax reform in 2017.

“We are finally putting America first!” Trump said. “We probably have the greatest economy in the history of our country.”

He also spoke about the recent appointment of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh and blamed Democrats for dragging him “through the mud.”

Trump criticized the national Democratic party, accusing them of letting in illegal immigrants, being soft on crime and generating an air of lawlessness.

“Democrats produce mobs, republicans produce jobs,” he said to applause. He and the crowd would return to the refrain throughout the evening.

McSally, a former Air Force combat pilot and current congresswoman representing Congressional District 2, which includes parts of east Tucson, followed Trump’s initial statements by contrasting herself with her Democratic rival, fellow congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema.

McSally bounced from topics including international relations, national policy and Sinema’s past stances on the war in Iraq.

“I was shooting at the Taliban, and Sinema said it’s okay to join the Taliban,” McSally said, alluding to comments she made earlier this week during their debate, where she called Sinema a “traitor.”

Trump also hammered Sinema for her perceived connections to former President Barack Obama, Chuck Schumer and Maxine Waters. Trump also assured voters their vote, for McSally anyways, would not be in vain.

“Vote for Martha McSally. It will be the second greatest vote you ever cast. The first greatest vote was for me,” Trump said.

Before the president arrived, Steve Gaynor, a Republican running for Arizona Secretary of State, also addressed the crowd. He said that outside money, particularly from liberal mega-donors George Soros and John Steyer, was pouring in in order to “California my Arizona.”

“For them, the ends justify the means,” Gaynor repeated after admonishing liberals and Democrats for a laundry list of wrongs, including wanting to abolish voter registration in some states.

Arizona State Representative Andy Biggs warned the crowd of a potential impeachment of the president and said that the Democrats would allow for open borders. “It’s jobs or mobs,” he said.

“Build the wall, build the wall,” the crowd responded.

Governor Doug Ducey introduced the president and reminded the crowd that his opponent this election cycle, Democrat David Garcia, would be hosting “democratic socialist” Bernie Sanders next week. The crowd booed.

“Let’s make sure we out work them and out-vote them on Nov. 6,” Ducey said.

Follow Eddie Celaya on Twitter