Late Night Bites

The late-night munchies overcome us all. Whether you’re spending a late night in the library, hanging out with friends or partying until sunrise, hunger is bound to hit. Satisfy an insatiable appetite with a visit to these tasty — and convenient — spots near campus.

Highland Market
    No meal is more memorable your freshman year than an oversized, warm, fluffy tortilla stuffed with eggs, potato, meat and salsa from Highland. Crowds of students fill the small market, many wandering home after a night out and scarfing down customizable burritos of happiness that curb all types of cravings. Burritos are served most of the day, and a whole store is available to browse. Since it’s located on the northwest corner of Sixth Street and Highland Avenue, you can stop by Highland for a protein shake after a good workout in the Student Recreation Center across the street.

Bacon and Craeggs
    In desperate need of a home-cooked meal? This breakfast spot’s cooking may not be better than Grandma’s, but since it’s fresh — and delivered to your door — it’s pretty close. If a bountiful breakfast is what’s on your mind, Bacon and Craeegs at 601 N. 4th Ave. will seem like the perfect choice. Open from midnight to noon, this small shop has everything from deliciously buttered pancakes to Eggs Benedict, sirloin to parfaits. Their wide variety makes Bacon and Craeggs an ideal place to rid yourself of those breakfast food munchies.

Cheba Hut
    Being family-owned and operated — and dedicated to all things cannabis — this is a great location for those pursuing a chill, laid-back atmosphere. About a 10 minute walk from campus, at 1820 6th St., it’s only a stoned throw away from campus. The staff is friendly and and serve you an assortment of toasted subs, with names ranging from Ak-47 to Trainwreck to the (out of stock) Schwag, until 3 a.m. Cheba Hut is a good option if you don’t have a specific craving, and even have a special menu section for incredible munchies: rice krispie treats, “goo balls,” peanut butter and jelly and brownies abound.