What to watch

Friday

Hawaii and Arizona (swimming and diving)

The men’s and women’s teams host UH to open the season. 2 p.m. Hillenbrand Aquatic Center

Bear Down Friday

The action begins with ESPN Tucson 1490’s “Happy Hour” hosted by Jody Oehler, live from University Boulevard at 4 p.m. Then at 5 p.m. there will be live music, entertainment, games, prizes and giveaways.

The pep rally begins at 6 p.m. and features the band, the mascots, the cheerleaders, the pom, twirlers and flag squads. This week’s guest host will be men’s golf head coach Jim Anderson.

No. 3 Oregon at Arizona (volleyball)

The Wildcats host Phil Knight U on Dig Pink night. Wear pink and get a discount on tickets. 6 p.m. Pac-12 Arizona

Arizona (soccer) at Oregon

The Wildcats’ soccer team will also face the Beavers on Oct. 21.
7 p.m. pac-12.com

Saturday

The Wildcats continue their meet with the Rainbow Warriors (men) and Rainbow Wahine (women). 10 a.m. Hillenbrand Aquatic Center

No. 20 Stanford at California

For some reason the Pac-12 can’t figure out how to schedule properly, here’s the first casualty, a rivalry game in October. Noon FOX

Colorado at No. 10 USC

The Trojans warm up for their trip to Tucson next week with a cup cake. 3 p.m. Pac-12 National

Wildcat Walk

Cheer on the football team as they walk to the stadium while the band plays. 5 p.m.

Washington at Arizona (football)

The Cats and Dogs face off at the Old Gray Lady. 7 p.m. Pac-12 National

Sunday

Oregon State at Arizona (volleyball)

You can get there starting at 10 a.m. to get a good seat for the basketball scrimmage. Volleyball match 11 a.m. Pac-12 National

Red-Blue Game

UA is split into two as the Red and Blue rivalry takes center stage. The Wildcats will be honoring the 1987-88 Final Four team that included longtime NBA players like Sean Elliott, Steve Kerr and Sean Rooks, plus MLB All-Star outfielder Kenny Lofton. 2 p.m. McKale Center, Pac-12.com (live streaming)