Former UA quarterback Matt Scott impresses at NFL Scouting Combine

Former Arizona quarterback Matt Scott helped his NFL Draft stock with his performance at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis on Sunday.

Scott, an All-Pac-12 second team selection in 2012, had the third best 40-yard dash time (4.69 seconds) behind Florida State’s E.J. Manuel (4.65) and West Virgnia’s Geno Smith (4.59).

A 31-inch vertical jump tied for fourth with Oklahoma’s Landry Jones, and his 9-foot-10-inch broad jump was tied for the second-best total with Manuel.

By comparison, former Wildcat quarterback Nick Foles ran a 5.14 last year with a 30.5 inch vertical and 9-foot-4-inch broad jump. Foles was selected in the third round of the 2012 Draft by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Where Scott really shined, though, was in the 20-yard shuttle and the 3-cone drill.

According to the NFL.com Combine Tracker, Scott set a record in the 20-yard shuttle with a time of 3.99 seconds, breaking Tim Tebow’s record set in 2010. He completed the 3-cone drill in 6.99 seconds, just behind Tebow’s record of 6.69.

According to USA Today’s Tony Pauline, Scott impressed the scouts in attendance.

“Scott’s draft grade has been ascending since September, and he made another positive impression on scouts at the combine,” Pauline wrote. “He looked comfortable and confident on the field Sunday and delivered his passes with speed and accuracy. His timing was a bit off, as receivers were waiting on throws, but general managers around the league are excited about Scott’s potential after his workout.”

Scott, who passed for 3,620 yards, 27 touchdowns and added 506 rushing yards and six touchdowns, is graded as the 10th-best quarterback in the draft and a 5th round talent by CBS Sports.