Calendar

Today

• “”Army of Shadows”” – This is Jean-Pierre Melville’s classic film-noir movie detailing the French Resistance and life in the French underground during the German Occupation. A 37-year-old French thriller, “”Army of Shadows”” has been called the best film of 2006 by critics who are flabbergasted that someone dug up the old 33-mm and made it viewable. Screenings are at 12:30 p.m. and 7:10 p.m. $5.25 for students, $8.25 general admission. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

• Shooter Jennings – His mom’s a little bit country, and his dad’s a little bit rock ‘n’ roll, but Shooter Jennings isn’t the incestuous love child of Donny and Marie Osmond. In truth, Shooter, son of country legend Waylon Jennings, looks more like Eddie Vedder waking up from a month-long drinking binge. In 2005, he played the role of his father in the movie “”Walk the Line,”” and last year saw the release of his sophomore album, Electric Rodeo. 9 p.m. $12. Cactus Moon CafǸ, 5470 E. Broadway Blvd.
  • Tomorrow

• “”Mustang Ironheart: Preludes of Iron”” – You know your town has gone downhill when toddlers are peddling crack, second graders are packing heat and senior citizens are robbed for their wheelchairs. Welcome to Valiant City, USA, home of detective Mustang Ironheart. In this hour-long ’80s action-movie spoof, thugs lurk behind every corner, hoards of ninjas roam the street and the solution for every problem seems to be kicking someone in the head. 8:30 p.m. Free. The Screening Room, 127 E. Congress St.
  • Los Lobos – You probably know them by their ’80s cover of Ritchie Valens’s “”La Bamba,”” and they’re coming to Tucson to perform a special acoustic show. The band creates a unique blend of Tex-Mex, Flamenco, country and even some R&B for your listening pleasure. 8 p.m. $22 to $25. The Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.
  • TucsonScene SXSW Showcase Benefit – Tucson will mirror the South by Southwest concert extravaganza that takes place every year in Austin, Texas, by having a shmooze-fest of local artists, including Marianne Dissard, Andrew Collberg, Na’m Amor, Will Elliott, Tim Lee and more! Doors open at 8 p.m. $5. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. (21+)
  • Sunday

• Southwest Indian Art fair – Pottery, paintings, jewelry and other items will be displayed by 200 of the most renowned Native American artists. There will also be traditional foods and dances for your enjoyment. The museum opens at 10 a.m. Free to students with a UA ID. Arizona State Museum
  • “”Purple Rain”” Sing-a-long – Yes, Prince’s performance at this year’s Super Bowl was about a decade too late and too cheesy to fathom, but you know you wish you could just sing along to a classic ’80s rock flick that is filled to the brim with crying doves. There will also be a Prince costume contest and the winner will win more than a funky prize, if you know what I mean. 9 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.
  • Monday

• “”Romeo and Juliet”” – Arizona Repertory Theatre performs this Shakespearean classic. Let’s hope they have a new take on the play most people can quote on cue, or else it’ll be just like every other production of star-crossed lovers. $17 for this preview performance. Seating begins at 1 p.m. Maroney Theatre, 1025 N. Olive Road

Tuesday

• Africana Studies Presents “”Guantanamo!”” – This movie is based on the true stories of three British citizens who landed themselves in jail in Guantanamo, Mexico. You may think you know about U.S. policies of imprisonment and torture, but watch this film and think again. 7 p.m. Free. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202

Wednesday

• “”Water”” – The setting is colonial India, 1938. An entire class of women is institutionalized in an ashram on the banks of the Ganges River because they are widows. Follow their stories as they are forced into prostitution, among other things. 6 p.m. $5 for students, $15 general admission. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.
  • Glenn Kotche – The drummer from the band Wilco also has a solo project, and he’s coming to Club Congress to share it with you. Playing songs from his new album Mobile, Glenn plays the vibraphone, cembalo, piano, kit drums, cymbals, marimbas and other instruments you’ve probably never heard of. Performing with the Che Arthur Trio, who has managed tours for bands such as the Black Heart Procession, Jets to Brazil and Minus the Bear. 9 p.m. $7 in advance and $8 at the door. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St.
  • – compiled by Alexandria Kassman