Numbers never lie: Top 5 stats from Arizona’s 83-67 win over Colorado

Simon Asher
Arizona’s Allonzo Trier (35) lays in the ball past Colorado’s George King (24) and Lucas Siewert (23) in the second half of the Colorado-Arizona Quarterfinal game at the 2018 Pac-12 Tournament on Thursday, March 8 in T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. Trier had 22 points and three assists in the game.

LAS VEGAS — Here are the most important stats from Arizona’s win over Colorado.

5

All five Arizona starters scored in double figures against Colorado. Allonzo Trier led the way with 22 points, his first 20-point effort since Feb. 3, and Dusan Ristic followed close by with 16 points. 

25%

After shooting 13-21 (62 percent) from 3-point range against ASU just 24 hours earlier, the Buffs couldn’t sustain that into Thursday as Arizona held them to just 5-20 (25 percent) from behind the arc. They shot just 1-10 from 3 in the second half. 

38

Arizona went to the free throw line a whopping 38 times. Even though the ‘Cats hit only 26 of them (68 percent), the amount of free throws they attempted helped push UA ahead of Colorado in the second half. 

.957

Colorado was limited to just .957 points per possession by Arizona after scoring 1.197 against ASU on Wednesday. That mark is an improvement for the Wildcats who have allowed opponents to average 1.009 PPP during the regular season. 

14

Arizona point guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright scored 14 points and hit 3-pointers against the Buffs but there’s more to his tale. Jackson-Cartwright played lockdown defense on CU’s point guard McKinley Wright and held the electric freshman to just 8 points on 3-5 shooting. 

Follow Alec White on Twitter