To-Do List

WEDNESDAY, MAY 5

Introduce some South American culture into your life with an Argentine tango class at Casa Vicente, 375 S. Stone Ave. Intended for beginners, the class is an opportunity to have fun while getting in shape. 7:15 – 8 p.m. Call 884-5253 or visit www.casavicente.com for more information. All ages. Free.

No Cinco de Mayo is complete without some good tequila, so head to the second annual Agavefest! at Hotel Congress. For $20, you get 10 different kinds of tequila, many of which are made by Southern Arizonans. 311 E. Congress St. 5 p.m. 21+. Call 622-8848 or visit www.hotelcongress.com for information and tickets.

THURSDAY, MAY 6

NOFX hits the Rialto Theatre with Teenage Bottle Rocket, Tony Sly and Cobra Skulls for a fast-paced, pop-punk concert. Doors open at

7 p.m., show begins at 8 p.m. All ages.

740-1000. 318 E. Congress St. $22.

FRIDAY, MAY 7

For some laughs, go see Not Burnt Out Just Unscrewed improv comedy group at Revolutionary Grounds Coffee House, 606 N. Fourth Ave.. The group claims to be modeled after the TV show “”Whose Line is it Anyway?”” 7:30 p.m. Free. All ages. Call 861-2986 or visit www.unscrewedcomedy.com for more information.

It’s that time of the month again when First Friday Shorts is hosted at The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd. This month features “”The Golden Gongs”” end-of-the-year showdown. The $1000 cash prize for the best film is handed out along with the “”Golden Gong”” trophy for best short film. May not be suitable for all audiences. $5. 9 p.m. Call

795-0844 for ticket information and directions.

SATURDAY, MAY 8

Speed is a one-of-a-kind interdisciplinary project put on by members of the UA School of Dance and the School of Music’s CrossTalk electronic percussion ensemble. Featuring electronic technology that can “”detect and react to changes in movement,”” the show hopes to create a new type of art. 3:30 and 7:30 p.m. at Marroney Theatre. Free. All ages, open to the public. 626-6320. www.music.arizona.edu.

SUNDAY, MAY 9

No one enjoys art like your mom, so take her to see David Kish’s “”Saguaro Rubbings and Other Work.“” Featuring all kinds of cactus art, the work is provocative and will be shown in Tucson International Airport’s Upper Link Gallery through June 18. 7250 South Tucson Blvd. Free. Open 24 hours a day.

The Rogue Theatre, 300 E. University Blvd., continues its production of William Shakespeare’s “”Othello”” through May 16. Show begins at 2 p.m. General admission $24. Half-price student rush 15 minutes before the show begins. Visit www.theroguetheatre.org or call 551-2053 for showtimes and tickets.

MONDAY, MAY 10

Stop by Borders Chess Night to grab a coffee and match wits with all ages and sizes in a game of skill. 6 p.m. Free and open to the public. 5870 E. Broadway Blvd. Call 584-0111 for more information.

For your electro-pop fix, check out Fight Fair with Kill Paradise and Honor Bright at Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. $10 in advance, $12 at the door. All ages. 6 p.m. Call 622-8848 for more information.

TUESDAY, MAY 11

As part of their Parlor Concert Series, the Wieck Opera is performing “”From Vaudeville to Verizmo”” at Saint Michael and All Angels Church, 602 N. Wilmot Rd. Complimentary champagne will be served at intermission. 7 p.m. All ages. Suggested $20 donation with some proceeds benefiting the Wieck Chamber Singers and Orchestra. Call

682-9544 for more information.

— Joe Dusbabek