Calendar: Tucson and Campus

Calendar: Tucson and Campus

Today

Cat Power with the Memphis Rhythm Band

This singer songwriter makes the perfect mellow music to fall asleep to. Usually people use that as an insult, but in this case it’s really not. 8:30 p.m. $21 in advance, $22 at the door. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Tomorrow

Arizona International Film Festival after-party

This party will feature musicians such as Howe Gelb and Tom Walbank. There will also be a film called “”High And Dry,”” which is about the Tucson music scene. Funny, I had no idea Radiohead was from Tucson. 9 p.m. $5. Club Congress, 311 E Congress St. (21+)

Seuss!

The play adaptation of Dr. Seuss’s classic stories is being done by none other than the Zuzi Dance Company. I hope they’re not trying to rhyme in Swahili or something. 7:30 p.m. $15, discounts available. Zuzi’s Theater, 738 N. Fifth Ave.

Saturday

Peanut Butter Jelly with DJ Buttafly

It’s peanut butter jelly time, and apparently that means dancing to hip-hop, pop and electro beats spun by someone named after a winged insect. And not even a masculine one! 9 p.m. $3. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St (21+)

Filmstock

This film festival will feature independent movies as well as a lot of local bands. This time, it will be Al Perry or the Afrodelic Stegosaurchestra that will set everyone on fire. Not Limp Bizkit. 4 p.m. $10. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Sunday

Eisley

This alt-country indie pop band had a big song last year called “”Telescope Eyes.”” It also played at Coachella, but it was rumored no one could actually see them. Brighten and Simon Dawes open. 7 p.m. $13. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St.

“”STOMP””

I really just think these guys were too cheap to buy real percussion instruments, so they banged on other stuff instead. Now that they’re playing at Centennial Hall, you’d think they could at least afford a snare drum or something. UApresents features the show of music and movement. 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. $25 to $46. Centennial Hall

Monday

She Wants Revenge

This band may sound exactly like Interpol, but that “”Tear You Apart”” song is just really freaking sexy. Hopefully they’ll just play that one over and over again, mostly because it’s on the radio. With OK GO. 7:30 p.m. $13 in advance, $15 at the show. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Tuesday

Starlight Mints

If you’re cultured but for some reason still like indie rock, you will love this band. They have quirky original lyrics and use cellos! (Everyone knows that instantly makes you better.) With the Octopus Project, Dios (Malos). 9:30 p.m. $8. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St.

Wednesday

UA MFA graduate readings

This year’s graduates with masters’ of fine arts in poetry, fiction and nonfiction will read some of their stuff. Come on, it’s cheaper than the library! (Note: if you turn books in late like me, everything in the entire universe is cheaper than the library.) 8 p.m. Free. Modern Languages building, Auditorium

-Compiled by Andi Berlin