ASUA Notebook

Senators of the Associated Students of the University of Arizona allocated fees for clubs, received their senate aids, and reported on their efforts and accomplishments at their weekly meeting.

Allocations

Senators voted to allocate a total of $4,161.09. The money went to a variety of causes, including funding for Gallagher Theater as a venue space for the Charles Darwin Experience and funding for the Black Retail Action Group to attend National Gala in New York City.

Block party

ASUA changed the name of the block party for the presidential debate on Oct. 3 to the Rad, White and Blue block party after booking Radical Something as the concert artist. A DJ will be performing before the debate and cardboard cutouts of Romney and Obama have arrived at ASUA offices.

ASUA also announced that, starting next week, contests on who can get the most students to register to vote or interact with social media will be held between residence life organizations and Greek life organizations.

Senator reports

Senator Jake Barman reported that Sigma Chi is the first fraternity on the UA campus to begin to go completely green.

Senator Joel Torres continued his work for a financial aid “shopping cart.” Sen. Torres has been working to collaborate with Scholarship Universe as well. Torres also said he had a “future announcement” for next week’s meeting.

Senator Danielle Novelly reported that she met with the Rec committee along with Sen. Torres and that they are looking for student input.

Other notes

Senate aides were assigned to each senator at the meeting, which filled most of the seats for the audience of the meeting.

An announcement was also made that next week the Student Health Advocacy Committee will be holding a canned food drive around campus.

Applications for the UA’s next student regent became available on Friday. Senators said they encourage students to apply.

Check the Arizona Daily Wildcat every Thursday for weekly ASUA coverage.