DateBook

Campus Events

• Arizona Supreme Court oral arguments. The Arizona Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on two cases. 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Centennial Hall
  • Intellectual property and biotech lecture. The UA Professional Science Master’s in Applied Science and Business Distinguished Alumni Lecture Series presents a talk by Lance A. Termes titled “”Intellectual Property in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical Industry.”” Noon. Student Union Memorial Center, Tubac Room
  • Evolution discussion. Materials science and engineering senior Matthew Goodman will give an introduction to Joel Garreau’s book, “”Radical Evolution: The Promise and Peril of Enhancing Our Minds, Our Bodies – and What It Means to Be Human.”” Noon. SUMC, Presidio Conference Room
  • Interview preparation workshop. Learn what to expect and how to prepare for an interview so you can land that job. No sign-up required. 1 p.m. SUMC, Room 411
  • Graduate writing workshop. Victoria Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss “”Style II: Clarity and Grace.”” 4 p.m. Modern Languages building, Room 410
  • Astrobiology and the Sacred. Leading astrophysicist Thebe Medupe will reconcile science with legend as he takes us on an African odyssey that will change the way you look at the sky. 7 p.m. Center for Creative Photography, Auditorium
  • Diversity Initiatives meeting. Diversity Initiatives is committed to fighting racism and bias and promoting awareness through its various subcommittees. 5 p.m. SUMC, Picacho Room
  • Wheelchair rugby. The Disability Resource Center will be holding a wheelchair rugby exhibition. 11 a.m. Alumni Plaza
  • Entertainment

• Recital. The UA School of Music presents the Faculty Artist Series debut recital “”Tributes.”” Saxophone professor Timothy McAllister will be joined by pianist Tannis Gibson and flutist Brian Luce. Free and open to the public. 7:30 p.m. Music building, Crowder Hall