Police Beat

A student reported that someone forced entry into her vehicle and stole various items from it at 1625 E. Seventh St. Monday between 8:55 a.m. and 1:10 p.m.

She said she parked her car at 8:55 a.m.; when she returned, she discovered that someone had entered her vehicle. She found the center console and stereo damaged and two iPods missing.

Her purse, containing a digital camera and two makeup bags, was also missing.

The trunk and hood were both partially open, but nothing was missing or appeared to be tampered with. There were no prints.

The student said she wished to pursue charges.

A student was cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at Pueblo de La Cienega Residence Hall, 621 N. Highland Ave., at 7:11 p.m. Sunday.

At 7:05 p.m., an officer went to the dormitory to investigate an odor of marijuana coming from outside a room. The officer knocked on the door, and the resident said he could come in.

The officer said he was there to investigate the odor, and the student asked if he should give the officer what he had. He opened a box under his bed and produced a clear bag containing marijuana.

He said it was the first time he smoked marijuana in his room. The officer also found a pipe with burnt residue in a green backpack lying on the bed.

The student said the backpack belonged to his friend, who was in Phoenix for the weekend.

The student was released at the scene.

A track and field athlete reported her ex-boyfriend, also a track and field athlete, was harassing her Sunday night.

She said he followed her out of McKale Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive, that day at 6 p.m. telling her he wanted to talk. She denied him repeatedly, then got in a vehicle and drove to the University of Arizona Police Department station, 1852 E. First St.

She told an officer that April 12 while they were at a track meet at ASU her cell phone went missing. She suspected he took it but did not confront him about it.

According to reports, he returned the phone to her, saying, “”I was just going through a lot.””

She said she was happy to get her phone back and did not wish to press charges.

When the officer talked to the male athlete on the phone, he said he took the phone because he was upset and was having trust issues. The officer told him his ex-girlfriend did not want him to talk to her anymore, and that he should contact his coach about the situation.

He said he would not contact her anymore.

Two students reported at 7:19 p.m. Sunday that someone entered their unlocked room in Pueblo de La Cienega and sprayed all their personal belongings with a fire extinguisher.

They said the damage occurred sometime between the hours of 3 a.m. and 3 p.m. Saturday.

One student said he left the room at 3 a.m. after packing and departing for California that weekend. He said he received a call from his roommate advising him that someone had sprayed a fire extinguisher in their room.

The roommate said he left the room unlocked and went across the street to La Paz Residence Hall, 602 N. Highland Ave., to visit his girlfriend. When he returned, he discovered the damage.

When the officer arrived at the targeted room, Residence Life custodial workers were already there cleaning it. The two men’s belongings were in the hallway outside the door.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.