Police Beat

Two students were cited for underage drinking early Sunday morning after police found them smoking hookah at Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

Police arrived around 2:25 a.m. after getting a report about people possibly smoking marijuana.

Police found the two students smoking hookah. The students smelled like alcohol and both had bloodshot eyes.

The students admitted to drinking. The students were released, reports stated.

Two students were referred to the Dean of Students Office for underage drinking early Saturday morning after police saw them walking unsteadily in the area of North Cherry Avenue and East Speedway Boulevard, reports stated.

Police noticed the students around 2 a.m. The students seemed to be drunk and both looked younger than 21.

Police approached the students and smelled alcohol.

The students had bloodshot eyes.

One of the students admitted to drinking. The other student said she hadn’t been drinking.

Both students were released, reports stated.

A window at Sigma Kappa sorority, 1588 E. First Ave., was broken sometime between Friday night and Saturday morning, reports stated.

The sorority housemother said the window was fine around 6 p.m. on Friday. The housemother said she heard a loud noise around 6 a.m. but said she did not notice the damaged window until 10 a.m.

It looked like the window had been shot with a BB gun. Police were unable to find a BB in the area.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

The barcodes were removed from two books in the Science-Engineering Library, 744 N. Highland Ave., sometime before Friday afternoon, reports stated.

A UA employee said the two $140 books were found with the barcodes removed around 4 p.m.

The employee said new bindings would have to be ordered for both books.

Six yellow paintballs struck a student’s window and window screen Friday night while he was in his dorm, Yuma Residence Hall, 1107 E. James E. Rogers Way, reports stated.

The student said he was in his dorm room with the lights on and window opened around 10 p.m.

The student said he heard the paintballs hit his window and window screen and said he dropped to the floor.

The student said he then looked out the window but did not see anyone in the area.

Paint had sprayed on the student’s bedspread, and there were paint splatters on the outside windowpane, screen and window.

Police searched the area, but did not find anyone with a paintball gun.

Softball equipment worth $475 was stolen from the UA women’s softball team locker room in McKale Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive, sometime between the morning of April 12 and the night of April 13, reports stated.

A UA employee said a softball glove, a bat, three shirts and a pair of cleats were stolen from the locker room sometime between 6:15 p.m. on April 12 and 9 a.m. on April 13.

The employee said the players tend to leave their lockers unlocked and said she would tell the players to start locking up their equipment.

Urine was found in an elevator in the Warren Tunnel, 1143 N. Warren Ave., Friday afternoon, reports stated.

A student told police the urine was found around 2:30 p.m. The student said a custodian had already cleaned up the elevator.

A student’s $1,800 silver laptop was stolen Friday afternoon from Manzanita-Mohave Residence Hall, 1000 N. Park Ave., reports stated.

The student said he left his laptop in his room around 4:45 p.m. The student said he came back around a half-hour later to find his laptop gone.

The arm on a gate in Tyndall Avenue Parking Garage, 880 E. Fourth St., came down on the back of a student’s car the night of April 13, reports stated.

The student said she was entering the garage around 8:30 p.m. when the arm came down before she was all the way through the entrance. The student said the arm bent the antenna. The arm was not damaged, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.