Quick Hits

Town hall tomorrow to reveal latest plans for UA Science Center

The Flandrau Science Center and Planetarium will hold a town hall tomorrow where the architect of the new center will unveil modifications to the design of the UA Science Center to be located downtown.

The modifications were made in response to community feedback about the original design. They also incorporate new ideas on how to integrate it with museums and plazas and shield noise from Interstate-10 traffic.

The architecture town hall will be tomorrow at 6 p.m. in the Berger Performing Arts Center at the Arizona School for the Deaf and Blind, 1200 W. Speedway Blvd. Seating is limited to 450 people and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Parking is free in three lots on the school campus.

UA music to debut tomorrow in memory of fallen high school grad

A new composition for the UA Wind Ensemble will premiere tomorrow to honor a soldier from Tucson who died in Iraq.

Music professor Gregg Hanson will conduct at 7:30 p.m. in Crowder Hall at the UA School of Music.

The piece “”Does She Know?”” was composed by music professor Jay C. Rees in honor of Sam Huff, a 2004 Mountain View High School graduate who enlisted in the Army and died in Baghdad one year ago.

The work was commissioned by the Mountain View High School Band Parents Association and the school’s director of bands.