Staff Picks

No. 8 Oklahoma at No. 17 Miami (Fla.)

Lots of Sooner stuff happening in this one. Sam Bradford could play for Oklahoma sooner than doctors first expected. As of late, Miami has shown that it’s a team returning to national prominence sooner than the experts expected. OU quarterback Landry Jones has to make his first road start sooner or later, and the Hurricanes want to play in a non-rain game sooner rather than later. What all this means: There’s obviously too much Sooners going on.

Oklahoma 34, Miami 17

— Brian Kimball

This is the kind of game that would make Mike Stoops wish he was still working for his brother Bob at Oklahoma. With Sooners quarterback Sam Bradford still questionable for this contest, defense will surely be the name of the game. Unfortunately for Stoops, he’s not part of a ranked team (at least at the moment) and not traveling to sunny Miami this weekend. But hey, maybe his brother will slam an extra pina colada in Mike’s honor after Saturday’s win.

Oklahoma 24, Miami 17

— Bobby Stover

Yes, Miami lost last week, but I think they’re legit. That team is confident, athletic, and really fun to watch. It really seems like coach Randy Shannon has this group getting closer to what they were in the early part of this decade. The swagger is back in south Florida, and I really want to see if Jacory Harris flashes that pimp outfit at the Heisman ceremony. He could go a long way toward doing that if he’s flashing the “”U”” in the endzone this weekend.

Oklahoma 21, Miami 34

— Tim Kosch

No. 4 LSU at No. 18 Georgia

This is a game of two evenly-matched teams that play smash-mouth football. Most pundits would turn to the home team — in this case Georgia — but it comes down to something much more crucial than that. This clash of Southeastern Conference teams features LSU head coach Les “”The Hat”” Miles against Georgia starting quarterback Joe “”Ginger Ninja”” Cox. The Bulldogs clearly have the edge in the nickname department, and that should be enough to get them past the Tigers.

Georgia 24, LSU 17

—Brian Kimball

It would be easy to go with the higher-ranked Tigers as the favorite for this game. After all, they come into Saturday’s matchup undefeated while Georgia welcomes LSU to Athens, Ga., with a 3-1 record and its only loss coming against a ranked opponent. But the Bulldogs did just knock off those filthy, miserable characters that Arizona students share the state with – ASU – last weekend, and in this part of the country, that’s all the confidence needed.

Georgia 49 LSU 45

— Bobby Stover

To: AJ Green

Subj: My Heart

A.J., it’s yours. I need to come out and say this: I have a man-crush on A.J. Green. An all-out, no-holds-barred bromance. I’ve never seen a smoother, more polished wide receiver in the college game before, and you’re only a sophomore. LSU is probably the most overrated team in the country, and you are going to carve them up. I’m thinking like 10 catches, 215 yards, three touchdowns. Maybe you can call me afterwards? Would love to talk about the game/life/our future.

Love,

Tim

Georgia 38, LSU 20

— Tim Kosch