Campus Chatter:

“I would tell the new president to hopefully find ways to draw more attention to the science departments, like hiring better professors and paying more attention on funds for research. There is a lot of research that students do, but there are never any funds to support their research; it would be nice to expand that research. “

-Amanda Thomas,
science education junior

“I have heard my professors complain about their small physical classes. I agree with them, I have been to many classrooms where the physical size of the room is so small for the amount of people in the room.”

-Nelly Rubio,
mathematics freshman

“There are not a lot of student-funded activities that focus on student government. If there are, I have not found any clubs nor seen any advertisement that clubs have put up for student government positions. I am a freshman and one thing that I like to see is more activities on the UA Mall.”

-Gideon Pace,
physics freshman

“Welcome, we (the UA community) are a diverse, learned, very opinioned group of people, so take what we say as a grain of salt.”

-Curtis Jorgensen,
freshman studying physics and astronomy

“I think that our professors should be more invested in our academics versus their research. Many of the professors on campus do not put adequate time and effort into our academics’ needs. Isn’t that what us students are here for? (The president) should hire better professors overall.”

-Shannon Kilrow,
junior studying family studies and human development

“I would tell the new university president to lower tuition costs. I have a big problem with the cost of tuition. It would be nice if she could go up to Phoenix and tell them (the legislature) to lower tuition. If she cannot lower tuition, then at least bring more scholarships into the university that doesn’t fit one standard type of student.”

-Kaeli Modrzejewski,
nutritional sciences freshman