Police Beat

An unknown person attempted to take a U-lock off of a bike at Navajo-Pinal Residence Hall, 1557 E. Sixth St., between 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Nov. 9, reports stated.

The owner said the $25 lock was bent and had marks where someone tried to cut the lock but the owner said the lock still worked.

Police advised the owner to register the bike with Parking and Transportation Services.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A bullet was found near the southeast corner of the Social Sciences building, 1145 E. South Campus Drive, at 2:24 p.m. Nov. 9, reports stated.

The owner of the .22-caliber bullet could not be identified. The bullet was placed into property to be disposed of.

A security officer allegedly punched a male student in the face after the football game between the UA and California at Arizona Stadium, 540 N. Vine Ave., at 5:24 p.m. Nov. 11, reports stated.

The student was rushing the field after UA’s 24-20 win. He said he immediately called 911 after the unprovoked guard punched him in the chin. Police noted that the man’s chin was red and swollen.

The man was given a ticket stub with the names and numbers of two people who witnessed the man being punched.

During the interview, another witness approached police. This witness said other members of the crowd were kicking the guard and the man who said he had been punched jumped up into the guard’s face. The guard was raising his hands to protect himself when the man was inadvertently struck. The man then started throwing punches at the guard until another security guard pulled him out of the crowd.

The man said he was not a violent person and did not throw punches at the security officer. He told police he did not want to press charges but said he would report the incident with the security firm.

Police warned the man that if he stormed the field again he would be arrested for criminal trespassing.

A female Pima Community College student was taken to University Medical Center for a possible broken arm after rushing the field at Arizona Stadium, 540 N. Vine Ave., at 5:22 p.m. Nov. 11, reports stated.

The woman was exiting the Zona Zoo student section when someone pushed her from behind. She braced the fall with her left arm and injured herself.

The woman told police that she heard announcements advising attendees not to rush the field, but assumed that the announcements meant not to enter the field while the teams were still playing. She told police she started drinking alcohol at 10 a.m. and stopped at 4 p.m. During that time she said she consumed 4 to 6 ounces of rum mixed with soda.

The attending physician said that the woman sustained injuries to her elbow. The X-rays were not back at the time of the report.

A shotgun shell was found near UMC, 1501 N. Campbell Ave., at 6:45 a.m. Nov. 11, reports stated.

The shotgun shell was placed into evidence for safekeeping.

A man broke a 4- by 5-foot window at Taco Bell, 1818 E. Speedway Blvd., at 9:38 p.m. Nov. 11, reports stated. The man was trying to get the attention of friends inside the restaurant by banging on the window. The pounding caused the window to crack.

The man came inside and gave the manager his driver’s license and offered to pay for the window. The manager said she thought alcohol was a factor in the window breaking, but said she did not think it was intentional.

A car parked by the Delta Chi fraternity house, 1701 E. First St., was dented three times between 9 p.m. Nov. 9 and 2:10 p.m. Nov. 10, reports stated.

Three dents were located on the driver’s side rear door panel of the car. Police determined that the shape and location of the dents were consistent with dents made by a foot.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.