Around the horn: Top 5 sports stories from the weekend

• Former Wildcat Rob Gronkowski of the New England Patriots went down Sunday in the first quarter of the NFL playoff game against the Houston Texans with an injured arm. Reports say he will need surgery, and could be out for the rest of the season as the Patriots try to advance to the Super Bowl.

• The NHL lockout is officially over, after players approved a collective bargaining agreement with commissioner Gary Bettman and team owners. Teams will play a 48 game schedule and players can now train in the presence of their coaches.

• The NFL playoffs were in full swing this weekend as the 49ers, Ravens, Falcons and Patriots got one step closer to Super Bowl XLVII. Next weekend San Francisco will take on Atlanta and Baltimore will take on New England. Here is the current NFL playoff picture after this weekend.

• “Kaepernicking” is the new “Tebowing”. San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s touchdown celebration of flexing his bicep and kissing it has taken over social media as people have been posting pictures of themselves Kaepernicking.

Cal women’s basketball ended Stanford’s 81 Pac-12 game winning streak at Stanford 67-55. The Golden Bears are thrilled over the win against the rival Cardinal since the last win against Stanford in 2009.

-Megan Coghlan is the online sports editor. Follow @WildcatSports on Twitter and @MeganCoghlan