Date Book

Campus Events

• Relay for Life. A relay to support the American Cancer Society will take place on the Mall. 5 p.m. to 9 a.m. Free. UA Mall
  • Seminar. Jay Nelson discusses “”The Function of Cytomegalovirus Encoded miRNAs.”” Nelson is a molecular microbiology and immunology professor and director of the Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute at Oregon Health Sciences of the University in Portland. 11 a.m. Free. Arizona Health Sciences Center, Room 8403
  • Lecture. Peter Miller discusses “”The Semiclassical Modified Nonlinear Schroedinger Equation: Facts and Artifacts.”” Miller is part of the Department of Mathematics at the University of Michigan. 12:30 p.m. Free. Math building, Room 402
  • Seminar. Clay Clark discusses “”Death by Caspase Dimerization.”” Clark is part of the Department of Biochemistry at North Carolina State University. 4 p.m. Free. Bio Sciences West building, Room 208
  • Telescopes for Telethon. Telescopes will be placed on the Mall for the UA community to enjoy. The event is sponsored by the FlandrauScience Center and Planetarium. 2:30-10:30 p.m. Free. East UA Mall
  • Hygiene for Humanity. The Student Association for International Relief Effort will be all over campus today accepting donations and hygiene products to benefit the nation of Sri Lanka as it continues to recover from the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami. You can contact SAFIRE through Neha Datta at ua_safire@hotmail.com. All day. Numerous campus locations
  • Entertainment

• S.I.C.K. Fest. Student comedy troupes will perform a variety of acts. 7 p.m. Free. Social Sciences building, Room 100
  • Film. “”Letters from Iwo Jima”” will be playing tonight at Gallagher Theater. 7 p.m., 10 p.m. $3. Gallagher Theater
  • Exhibit. “”On Our Own Time”” is an art exhibit showcasing the works of UA staff members. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Union Gallery
  • Halo 2 tournament. UA students can participate in this video game event. 5 p.m. $3. SUMC, Games Room
  • Comedy Corner. The “”Comedy Corner”” troupe performs free improv. Noon. Free. SUMC, Cellar Lounge