Calendar: Tucson and Campus

Wednesday

Music Video – This one-man electronic pop band playing tonight at “”Congress Libre”” claims to be so emo that he is about to “”Conor O-Burst!”” Let’s hope so. 9 p.m. Free. Hotel Congress, 311 E. Congress St.

Gnatman – The slightly tamer version of the great superhero probably fights against dog fur and fidgety housewives. Makes for an interesting play, hopefully. 7 p.m. $15.95. Gaslight Theatre, 7010 E. Broadway Blvd.

Friday

“”The Big Buy”” – Aside from his hideous haircut, there’s another reason Tom DeLay didn’t run for Congress again: this movie. It chronicles all his blatant power grabs and illegal corporate donations he’s been involved with. 1 p.m and 5:15 p.m. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Saturday

Vistas of the Frontera – The Tucson Museum of Art is featuring six Latino/Chicano artists from across the southwestern United States. Right now, it is Adriana Yadira Gallego. There will be a reception and an artist talk as well. Free drinks? 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Free. Tucson Museum of Art, 140 N. Main Ave.

Sunday

“”Peace Is Within”” – Have you ever wanted world peace? Yeah, neither have I, but apparently it’s possible if you go see this educational video. 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Free. Tucson City Council Ward 6 Office, 3202 E. First St.

Monday

The Constantines -This rock band from Ontario is described as an “”unwelcome mix of a Memphis Clash and breakneck dub.”” Since it’s literally impossible to know what that means, go to the show instead. With Found Dead on the Phone and Oakley Hall. 9:30 p.m. $8. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St.

Tuesday

Balkan Summer Film Series – When the fairy queen of malachite caves in and the Ural Mountains entice a stone mason to make a work of art, who knows what will happen? It should at least make an interesting movie with Russian historical value. Go see it. 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Free. Unitarian Universalist Church, 4831 E. 22nd St.