FINAL: Oregon beats Arizona 64-57

Tyler Baker
Tyler Baker/ The Daily Wildcat

No. 3 Arizona couldn’t stop the second-half Oregon rain as it fell to the Ducks 64-57 on the road in Eugene, Ore.

The Ducks knocked down 10 3-pointers in the game, three in the first half and seven in the second half.

After leading at the half by two, Arizona’s offensive and rebounding woes from Wednesday continued in the second half against Oregon (22-8, 10-8 Pac-12 Conference). For the game, Arizona (28-3, 15-3) shot 42 percent and scored just 26 points in the second half.

Oregon kept the game close and then surged past the Wildcats just under five minutes left in the game. It would be the Ducks’ second lead of the game, their first since the opening basket. After taking a 52-51 lead with 4:22 left in the game, Oregon would never look back.

On Senior Day, Oregon senior point guard Johnathan Lloyd would be banged up and bruised but carried the team to the victory. His 16 points were only second to fellow senior Jason Calliste, who had 18 off of the bench. Twelve of Calliste’s points were on 3-pointers.

For Arizona, its leader Nick Johnson was a no-show in the second half. Despite scoring his 500th point on the season in Saturday’s game, the junior guard finished with just 11.

Wildcats freshman Aaron Gordon led all scorers with 21 points.

Arizona’s bench was limited to just four points — two scored by Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and two scored by Elliott Pitts.

The Wildcats’ next game will be their first game of the Pac-12 tournament on Thursday in Las Vegas against an undetermined opponent.

For Oregon, the once-bubble team now should be a lock to make the NCAA tournament, as the Ducks have won seven games in a row to end their season.

Pac-12 Tournament Bracket

—Follow Luke Della @LukeDella