Police Beat

An officer caught a man urinating on a parked vehicle in the Tyndall Avenue Parking Garage, 880 E. Fourth St., while conducting a building check Jan. 17.

The officer approached the man and another man who was with him and asked why he was urinating in public. The man said he had to go badly. according to reports.

While talking to the men the officer smelled intoxicantes on their breath and observed that the men’s eyes were red and watery.

The officer asked the men if they had been drinking. One admitted to having six beers in his dorm room at Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St. The other man said he had four beers.

The men were arrested for underage drinking.

The officer also found a jar containing marijuana and drug paraphernalia in the middle console of one of the men’s vehicles.

The owner of the vehicle admitted that both of them had been smoking earlier that night.

The other man refused to answer any questions.

Both men were cited and released at the scene.

An officer was on patrol on East First Street and was stopped at a stop sign Jan. 17 when he heard a

man screaming.

The officer observed a man yelling and swinging his arms around, and a young woman near him trying to calm him down.

The officer stopped to speak with the two and asked why the man was screaming. He said he was mad because he got kicked out of a party at Kappa Sigma fraternity house, 2660 N. First Ave.

The man’s eyes were slightly watery and the officer could smell alcohol on the man’s breath. The man admitted to drinking before the party at a room in Coronado Residence Hall.

The woman also admitted to drinking that night.

Both individuals were diverted to the Dean of Students Office for underage drinking.

An officer noticed a damaged car parked near the intersection of East Second Street and North Park Avenue Jan. 16.

The windshield was smashed and the hood was dented. The owner was contacted, and said that when she parked there her car had no damage.

There was no sign of a break-in.

The woman could not estimate the cost of the damage. She was issued victim’s rights at the scene.

An officer responded to Coronado Residence Hall on Jan. 16 and met with a resident assistant who said a room on the seventh floor smelled of marijuana.

The officer knocked on the door where the smell was coming from. The man who opened the door gave the officer consent to enter the room.

When asked if he had been smoking marijuana, the man said, “”Yes, I smoked some about 3 p.m. today outside the building””, according to reports .

The officer asked if the student had any more marijuana in the room, and the man showed him a blue pill bottle containing marijuana and a clear glass pipe.

The man was arrested for possession of marijuana.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at .