Police Beat

Police saw a young man pick up a rear bike tire and ride off on his bike with it the afternoon of April 29 outside McKale Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive, reports stated.

Police saw the man pick up the tire around 5:45 p.m. The young man glanced back at police and began to pedal faster.

Police caught up with the man and asked him what he was doing with the tire.

The man said he was going to give it to a bicycle parts donation agency.

The man was released to his mother and the tire was put into property for safekeeping, reports stated.

A student was cited for underage drinking April 22 at Park Student Union, 615 N. Park Ave., reports stated.

Police smelled alcohol on the student, and the student admitted that he had been drinking.

The student said he had been arrested in the past for underage drinking and said he was going to get kicked out of the UA.

The student was cited and released, reports stated.

A black suitcase was found on a third-floor stairwell of Tyndall Avenue Parking Garage, 880 E. Fourth St., the night of April 22, reports stated.

Police found the briefcase around 8:15 p.m. There was an identification tag on the briefcase.

Police called the number but were unable to reach the owner.

The briefcase was put into property for safekeeping, reports stated.

A student’s $350 radar detector was stolen out of his black sport utility vehicle the morning of April 21 while his car was parked in a Zone 1 parking lot, 1128 E. Mabel St., reports stated.

A UA employee saw two men take the radar detector out of the car around 10:30 a.m.

The employee said one of the men broke the passenger window of the student’s SUV to get to the radar detector.

The man then saw the employee and jumped into a sedan, and he and the other man drove away.

Police searched the area but could not find a car or suspects matching the description given by the employee, reports stated.

A student’s Washington license plate was stolen off his car April 21 while his car was parked at McKale Center, 1721 E. Enke Drive, reports stated.

The student said he parked his car at 5:30 a.m. and said he came back around 11 a.m. to find the license plate gone.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A man became aggressive toward UA employees the afternoon of April 21 after he was told his son couldn’t play at a high school state performance at the Music building, 1031 N. Olive Road, reports stated.

When police arrived around 2:30 p.m., a UA employee said the man had left but said his wife was still around.

The wife told police her husband became angry after he was told their son couldn’t play because his band director wasn’t there.

The wife said her husband had began yelling at the employees and using profanity.

The man had then gone up to one of the coordinators and poked him, reports stated.

The wife said her husband had gone to her son’s high school to straighten everything out.

Police wanted to talk to the man, and his wife called him.

The man was confrontational and said he would not come back to the Music building to talk to police.

The man then hung up on police.

None of the UA employees wanted to press charges against the man but said they did not want him to come back to the building.

The man later apologized to police for his behavior and said he would seek help for anger management.

The man said he would not go to the Music building again, reports stated.

A man was booked into Pima County Jail the afternoon of April 20 after he and another man were seen drinking in public at the Arizona Stadium, 540 N. Vine Ave., reports stated.

Police arrived around 4:45 p.m. and said the two men sitting against the wall with a 40 oz. bottle of Cobra beer. The bottle was half full.

Police smelled alcohol on both the men, and a witness said she had seen both men drink from the bottle.

One of the men began singing out loud and was yelling at students.

The man was very uncooperative with police and had been warned before about trespassing on campus and drinking in public.

The man was arrested for trespassing, drinking in public and disturbing an educational institution.

The other man was cited for the same three things and released, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.