Police Beat

An unknown person stole a $5,000 UA golf cart from the parking lot north of Babcock Residence Hall, 1717 E. Speedway Blvd., sometime between 4:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. Nov. 21, reports stated.

When a UA employee left the parked cart, she took its only key with her.

When she returned to the parking lot, the cart was gone.

The employee provided police with what she believed was the cart’s license plate number, but the University of Arizona Police Department did not have it in their records.

Police plan to contact Parking and Transportation Services to find the correct number, reports stated.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A table and two chairs valued at $53 were stolen from the UA Mall outside the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., sometime between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. Nov. 14, reports stated.

Tables and chairs were set up on the UA Mall for an event later that night, but staff noticed some of the furniture was missing.

A UA SafeRide driver said she saw three males carrying a table near Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall, 940 E. Fifth St.,

during the evening of Nov. 14 while she was on duty.

Two males assaulted each other during an argument in a conference room in the University Services building, 888 N. Euclid Ave, at 10:12 a.m. Nov. 20, reports stated.

One man had recently resigned from his job in the building, and his last day of work was supposed to be Nov. 17.

But the man thought his last day of work was supposed to be Nov. 20, and he went to work that day to pick up his belongings.

While he was collecting his items, a former fellow employee confronted him and told him he was not supposed to be in the building.

The men started arguing, and the employee told police that the man who had recently resigned spit at him.

Both men exchanged punches to each other’s faces, and police could not determine who started the fight.

Both men were advised of possible assault and disorderly charges, but none were made.

The man who came to work an extra day suffered a laceration to his right cheek, and Tucson Fire Department, who responded to the scene with UAPD, advised him to get stitches.

An unknown person stole $100 worth of parts, including an $80 suspension fork, from a bike parked at the University Services building, 888 N. Euclid Ave., sometime between 5 p.m. Nov. 17 and 8:15 a.m. Nov. 20, reports stated.

The bike’s owner said he had locked the bike with a U-lock through the bike’s frame and its front tire.

The owner told police that only the bike’s frame and front tire were left after the theft.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

An off-duty Pima County Sheriff’s deputy was cited and released for criminal littering at Arizona Stadium, 540 N. Vine Ave., at 8:11 a.m. Nov. 20, reports stated.

A UA athletic department employee reported that the deputy ran stairs in the stadium and urinated in a public area within the stadium.

Police arrived on the scene to find the man had a key to the stadium, which had been given to him by an ex-UAPD employee.

The man told police that a current UAPD officer told him that it was fine if he ran in the stadium.

That UAPD officer confirmed he told the sheriff’s deputy that, although the privilege of running in the stadium was likely restricted to UAPD officers, any law enforcement officers would probably be allowed as well.

The current UAPD officer said that he did not know the sheriff’s deputy had a key to the stadium.

The athletic department said UAPD will still be allowed to use the stadium but others will not and have not been allowed to utilize the facilities.

Police found a red and black mountain bike on the grass north of the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., on Nov. 21, reports stated.

An officer waited 15 minutes for an owner to retrieve the bike, which was not locked, but no one claimed the bike.

The officer took the bike into possession for safekeeping.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.