POBEAT: 11/16/16

POBEAT%3A+11%2F16%2F16

Suspicious creeper

A University of Arizona Police Department officer responded to a call at 1303 E. University Blvd. in reference to suspicious activity on Nov. 8. Upon arrival, a female flagged the officer down. She told the officer a strange male had been following her for the last two weeks.

Upon further inquiry, she stated that two weeks ago as she was leaving the Student Union Memorial Center to go toward the Modern Languages building, she noticed a man following her.

When she turned around, she noticed that the male had increased his speed. When she made it to the doors of Modern Languages, she turned around and yelled, “Get away from me.”

The male returned by smiling at her and saying, “I am just messing with you,” before leaving in the opposite direction. After that, the female student went inside and didn’t see him again.

On Nov. 8, she said she was leaving Cactus Grill at the SUMC when she saw the same male again as she was walking down the stairs. As soon as she saw him, she turned around and went right back into Cactus Grill where she stayed with two friends.

She called UAPD because she was not sure if seeing him was a coincidence or if she was really being followed. 

The male has never harmed or threatened the individual, but he is always seen around the same time on Tuesdays after one of her classes. The female gave the UAPD officer a description of the male, and the officer conducted a search to locate the individual but did not find him.

Found and arrested

On Nov. 9, a UAPD officer was doing his usual patrols in Coronado Residence Hall when the desk assistant stopped him and provided him with a wallet he found. While looking for identification belonging to the owner, the officer found a Connecticut driver’s license with the date of birth being in the year of 1994.

The officer also found a California driver’s license with the date of birth being in the year of 1997. Upon further inspection, only the California license returned valid through the records book, while the Connecticut one turned out to be fake.

The desk assistant informed the UAPD officer of the room number that the owner of the wallet was in. Upon arriving to the room, the student’s roommate called the student to contact him.

The UAPD officer met with the male student in the lobby of Coronado. The male student was told of the officer’s findings and was given his Miranda Rights. The student was then placed under arrest for possession of a fake out-of-state license. After receiving a signature from the student, he was released and advised of his court date.

Follow Megan Jacoby on Twitter.