Police Beat: Mar. 22

Man ejected from McKale for flashing players

A non-UA affiliated Tucsonan male was ejected from McKale Center on March 17 at 5:12 p.m.

The man was seated in section 7 of during the University of Wisconsin and Belmont University game in the second round of the NCAA basketball tournament.

University of Arizona Police Department officers approached the man after a report that he was drinking excessive amounts of alcohol.

The officers also found that the man was using his phone’s camera flash to distract players during free throw attempts.

The man, who was over 21 years old, was escorted from McKale Center for disorderly conduct.

Older female races fast and furious 21-year-old

A 34-year-old non-UA affiliated female goaded a 21-year-old male into a race, resulting in both drivers’ arrest by UAPD.

A UAPD officer witnessed two cars drag race from the intersection at Speedway Boulevard and Mountain Avenue toward Cherry Avenue.

At Cherry Avenue, one of the cars slowed down and backed off. The other car continued at a high velocity toward Campbell Avenue.

The officer pulled over the first vehicle and spoke with the female driver.

“”I know it was wrong to race,”” she said.

The officer cited and released her for racing on a highway, which is a criminal traffic offense.

After citing the woman, the officer was able to catch up to the other vehicle involved in the street race on Speedway Boulevard.

“”I know it was wrong to race,”” the man said. “”But, she was making fun of me and laughing because I have a Kia.””

The second driver was also cited and released.

‘Edible panties’ not part of spring break diet

A non-UA affiliated male was removed from Hopi Residence Hall by UAPD after he was found living there during spring break.

A female resident of the hall reported the man, who said that he was staying in his girlfriend’s room, to UAPD on March 16.

After talking about Spring Break, the two exchanged phone numbers.

Soon after getting the resident’s phone number, the man texted her about hanging out.

She told him that she had a boyfriend and was very busy writing a paper.

Over the next two days, the man sent her no less than 10 text messages.

The man ran into her again in the hall on March 16 and said that he was heading out to get something to eat.

After she denied him again, he sent her a text message saying, “”I can’t find any food, do you have any edible panties? Just kidding, haha.””

She told the officer that at this point she started feeling “”creeped out.””

As the officer was finishing the interview with the resident, her window was knocked on.

She moved the blinds to find that it was the man.

The officer then went outside and met with him.

He told the officer that the two had exchanged phone numbers and that he thought they were friends.

He said he was trying to get to know her, but she kept telling him that she was busy and had a boyfriend.

The officer advised him of UA Residence Life policy about unescorted guests, and he said that he did not know that the policy existed because his girlfriend said that it would be OK.

The officer and the community director of the hall then asked him to leave.

Three hours later, a resident assistant found the man attempting to get into his girlfriend’s room.

The officer returned to the hall and told the man to leave immediately or face being trespassing charges.

He said that he understood and left again without incident.