Calendar

Today

Sunset Rubdown – Wolf Parade’s Spencer Krug initially intended Sunset Rubdown to be a solo project but eventually expanded it into a band. Now he has two outlets for his anthemic indie rock that reminds people of when Modest Mouse was good. Magic Weapon and Johnny and the Moon open. 9:30 p.m. $7. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)

Goya’s Mastery in Prints: The Disasters of War – The third installment of Goya prints opened up at the UA Museum of Art this month, and these promise to be the strangest of all. Expect to see bodies chopped up, people being kidnapped and more being tortured. Open through Feb. 3. Free. UA Museum of Art

Shaolin Warriors – More than 20 Buddhist monks will perform Kung Fu moves and acrobatics. The troupe is known for its fighting skill, mental acuity and regimented training. The Washington Post has even compared the group to Cirque du Soleil, but I think that’s kind of offensive. 7:30 p.m. 10 p.m. Centennial Hall

Tomorrow

“”They Live”” – This movie features WWF superstar “”Rowdy”” Roddy Piper in his first starring role, in which he finds a pair of sunglasses that let him see people as aliens. The sunglasses also let him see advertisements as they really are, showing subliminal messages that say “”OBEY,”” “”CONSUME”” and “”NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT.”” 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Johannes Brahms’s “”Ein deutsches Requiem”” – The German Romantic composer created this work from 1865-1868, just after the deaths of his mother and composer Robert Schumann. This performance is special because it will feature the Arizona Symphony Orchestra in union with the Arizona Choir and the Symphonic Choir. 7:30 p.m. (Also on Sunday at 3:30 p.m.) Free. Crowder Hall

Juliette and The Licks – Remember that trashy but charming girl Johnny Depp fell in love with in “”What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?”” Well, now she has a trashy but charming rock band and a lot of new trashy but slutty stage outfits. Come see Juliette Lewis try to sing. Suffrajett and Scissors for Lefty open. 9:30 p.m. $12 in advance, $14 day of show. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)

Saturday

Donkey Kong-a-thon – The Loft will feature a showing of “”The King of Kong – A Fistful of Quarters,”” a movie about two video game fanatics who devote their lives to being the best at Donkey Kong. Afterwards, they’ll let contestants relive the nerdiness by playing the game on the big screen. 9 p.m. $8.50. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Cabaret Boheme presents “”Voodoo”” – This adult variety show will feature singing, dancing, magic and sexy zombies. Considering the group’s slogan picture of a ripped bald guy with tattoos and horse legs touching a woman clothed in a red sheet, it’s probably going to be a bit racy. Nothing you repressed virgins can’t handle, though. 7-9 p.m. $10 in advance, $12 at the door. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. (21+)

“”Heavy Metal Music”” on tuba and euphonium – This isn’t what you think. The two musicians won’t play Metallica, but they will perform works by Herman Bellstedt, Martin Ellerby, Richard Strauss and David Gillingham. I think the metal means their instruments. 7:30 p.m. Free. Crowder Hall

Sunday

Bill Cosby – Why is it that his Wikipedia page shows him looking like Ray Charles? Is he next in line for a major motion picture, or is his destiny just more Jell-O commercials? I guess he can always fall back on his standup routine. 7:30 p.m. $30-47. Casino Del Sol’s AVA, 5655 W. Valencia Road

Monday

“”The Miami Model”” – This documentary details assault on civil liberties that took place at the 2003 Free Trade Area of the Americas protests in Miami. 7-9 p.m. Free. UA Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Auditorium

Tuesday

“”Healing Through Art: The Kabbalah of the Body’s Energy Centers”” – This class’s purpose is to deepen understanding of “”the energy centers”” and how they function. No art experience is required, which makes sense because nobody has ever heard of this before. 7-8:30 p.m. $20. Tucson Jewish Community Center, Perlman Art Studio, 3800 E. River Road

Wednesday

David Sedaris – One of the most popular writers in the country will visit Centennial Hall to share his sardonic essays and humorous social critiques. His essays are no “”Berlin Wall,”” of course, but we have to give him credit for trying. 7:30 p.m. $27-$42. Centennial Hall

– compiled by Andi Berlin