Pac-12 Network announces baseball schedule

Matthew Fulton
Matthew Fulton / Arizona Daily Wildcat UA Baseball holds first practice of the year. Due to the weather no drills took place, instead players and Coach Andy Lopez met and spoke with the media.

The Pac-12 Networks announced Wednesday its schedule of the networks’ first season of live baseball telecast starting in March.

The schedule includes 30 live telecasts throughout the 2013 season. Out of all the Pac-12 schools, Arizona will be featured the most, as the Wildcats have at least seven games scheduled to air on the Pac-12 Network. Along with being the most covered team in the Pac-12, Arizona alumnus and six-time Major League Gold Glove winner J.T. Snow will be part of the on-air talent for the network.

Current Pac-12 basketball broadcasters Ted Robinson, Roxy Bernstein and JB Long will rotate play-by-play duties with Snow throughout the season.

The Pac-12 Networks will begin its coverage at the start of conference play in early March. The first game will be aired on March 10, when No. 5 UCLA hosts USC. The Wildcats will make their first appearance on the Pac-12 Networks in the final game of their conference-opening series on March 17, at home against No. 10 Oregon State.

So far, four of the seven scheduled games will be road games for the Wildcats, and two of those four will be in Tempe against No. 22 Arizona State.

The Wildcats are the defending NCAA champions and are ranked 14 in the NCBWA poll, but they are not alone. Five other Pac-12 schools are ranked in the top 25 and 12 Pac-12 players were named to the 2013 Louisville Slugger Preseason All-American team, including Arizona junior outfielder Johnny Field.

The Wildcats’ first regular season game is Feb. 15 at 6 p.m., as they host Coppin State.