Get to know our spring 2020 sports editors

Ana Beltran
Wilbur taking selfies with Zona Zoo members Saturday’s game vs Texas Tech. The wildcats won the night with a score of 28-14.

With the start of the spring semester, our two sports editors, Jack Cooper and Jacob Mennuti, want to welcome you to Daily Wildcat sports.

Jack Cooper: 

I was the sports editor last semester and I’m excited to be back for this one. I’ve been covering sports at the University of Arizona since my freshman year and will be one of the basketball beat reporters. I’ll also be in charge of running the two Twitter accounts — the sports and the hoops accounts. I have followed Arizona sports ever since I was a kid. I grew up a mile off campus and went to basketball, football and baseball games. I encourage people to follow me on Twitter since all I really ever tweet about are Arizona Athletics. I also encourage any critiques and questions that people have throughout the semester. Again, I look forward to being in charge of covering sports at the UA for everyone through the ups and downs that Arizona fans go through.

Jacob Mennuti:

I am especially excited for the upcoming spring semester because although it is my third semester writing for the Daily Wildcat sports desk, it is my first semester as the assistant editor of the sports desk. Although I was born and raised in Los Angeles, I have been a fan of Arizona Athletics since my freshman year of high school and have been very passionate about becoming involved with the media coverage of the school’s athletics. I was encouraged to join the Daily Wildcat staff because I enjoy providing the athletes with the spotlight and attention that they deserve. I am thrilled to be the assistant sports editor because the position allows me to stay involved with each sports program on campus while also giving me the opportunity to help other writers become better sports journalists and improve their overall writing skills.

Follow Wildcat Sports on Twitter