Arizona Gymcats fall again on the road

Chloe Hislop
Danielle Nosek during her floor routine at the match against Oregon State University on January 25. The Arizona Gymcat’s next match is on February 1.

The No. 22 Arizona Gymcats fell 196.6-195.7 to the No. 13 Washington Huskies in Seattle, Wash.  

In the first rotation, the Arizona Gymcats posted a score of 48.825 on uneven bars, with Christina Berg posting the highest score for the Gymcats with 9.875. Washington was on the vault event in the first rotation, where they posted a score of 49.15. Geneva Thompson was the Huskies’ highest scorer in rotation one with a score of 9.95. 

In the second rotation, Arizona was on the vault event and Washington was on the uneven bars event. The Gymcats posted a score of 49.025, and Maddi Leydin was able to tie her current career-high with a score of 9.9. Washington was able to put up a score of 48.575. The Huskies had two competitors tie their season-high with Evanni Roberson and Michaela Nelson both scoring 9.9. At the halfway point of the meet, Arizona led 97.87-97.725. 

In the third rotation, Arizona was on the floor routine event and Washington was on the balance beam event. The Gymcats were able to post a score of 49.0 with Leydin posting the top score for Arizona of  9.875. The Huskies were able to post 49.475 in the final rotation. Washington was led by Roberson whose routine was scored a perfect 10. 

In the fourth and final rotation, the Gymcats were on the balance beam event and the Huskies were on the floor routine event. Arizona was able to post a score of 48.85, and Kennedi Davis led all Gymcats in this rotation as she posted a new career-high score of 9.875. In the fourth rotation, the Huskies posted a score of 49.4, with three competitors tied for first place, with Roberson, Maya Washington and  Kristyn Hoffa all posting a score of 9.9. 

The Arizona Gymcats will be back in action against Stanford on Sunday, Feb. 23 in McKale Center at noon. 

Follow CJ Lala on Twitter