New book may shed light on Tiger

ORLANDO, Fla. — From all indications, “The Big Miss” has no juicy tidbits about any young misses who played a supporting role in Tiger Woods’ infamous downward spiral.

Hank Haney has maintained since Woods’ sex scandal captured headlines in late 2009 that he had no inkling about the philandering behind the scenes. Some will find that hard to believe from a guy who spent the equivalent of 3 ½ months a year in Woods’ company.

Even so, Woods’ former swing coach figures to have the curiosity factor going for him. Insight about Woods’ day-to-day life has been so sparse — carefully orchestrated by public appearances — that any particulars are eagerly consumed.

The book, co-authored by Golf Digest’s Jaime Diaz, will be available to the public on March 27 — one week before the Masters and not quite two years since Haney ended their six-year association one day after the 2010 Players Championship.

With Woods keeping such a tight inner circle, Haney is among the very few whose recollections carry such authenticity.

Though most people involved that intimately with Woods are compelled to sign a nondisclosure agreement, Haney told the Associated Press he “didn’t even have a contract” to serve as his instructor.