Five Disneyland Park easter eggs to make your spring break trip all the more magical

Allen J. Schaben/TNS
    Disneyland debuts its new Disneyland Forever fireworks show in celebration of its 60th anniversary on May 21, 2015. One of the little-known facts about Disneyland Park is that parkgoers can commandeer the Mark Twain Riverboat.

Correction: The Mark Twain Riverboat attraction originally included in this list is closed, and has therefore been deleted from the article. The Keys to the Kingdom tour is only offered at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, and has thus been deleted from the article as well, but Disneyland does offer other tours such as the “Walk in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps” guided tour. 

In light of the upcoming and long-awaited spring break, you might consider taking a trip to Anaheim, California, to visit the magical Disneyland Park.

Disneyland Park attracts almost 16 million visitors every year or, on average, more than 43,000 people every day. Many of you have probably been to Disneyland at least once in your life, but whether you have strolled around the park knowing some of its secrets is a different question.

Familiarize yourself with these five cool features that may change your next Disney experience.

1. Club 33

This elite private bar and restaurant, located in the New Orleans Square, was created by Walt Disney to host Disneyland’s corporate sponsors and industry VIPs. For platinum membership, members must pay an initial fee of roughly $25,000 to $27,000, as well as an annual fee of between $10,000 and $12,000 for access to the private club.

The platinum membership also includes parking benefits and early park admission. As surprising as it might be, the waitlist to join the club has a wait of about a dozen years. Look for a “33” inscribed on the door next to the Blue Bayou next time you go.

2. The Purrland

Disneyland is home to hundreds of cats that reside in the park, keeping it free of mice. To care for their furry inhabitants, Disneyland has a number of feeding stations where cats stay during the daytime. They start infiltrating the park once the sun goes down. Fireworks are not the only reason to stay late in the park if you want to catch a glimpse of the felines.

3. Skulls of the Pirates of the Caribbean

If you don’t already think this ride is creepy enough, check out this fact: Some of the skulls and bones in the attraction are real. They were donated by the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of Califonia, Los Angeles, and used because fake skulls break more easily than real ones. Next time you ride, just think about how a part of someone’s body made it to Disneyland to rest there forever. Wouldn’t you prefer this option to a lonely grave?

Follow Jamelia Rizatayeva on Twitter