Date Book

Campus Events

• SCA meeting. Get in touch with history. Relive the Crusades. Fight in armor. Learn to belly dance. If it came from before 17th-century Europe, the Society for Creative Anachronism does it. 6 p.m. Student Union Memorial Center, Mesquite Room
  • Christian study hall. Bring the question and they’ll help you find the answers with a selection of study Bibles, a Bible dictionary, a Bible encyclopedia and more than 24 other reference materials. Everyone is welcome. 6 p.m. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Center, Conference Room
  • Walt Disney internship recruitment. Want to work with Mickey Mouse? The Walt Disney College Program will be recruiting for a once-in-a-lifetime internship at Disney World. 11 a.m. SUMC, Suite 411
  • Interview preparation workshop. Field interview questions with ease – learn how to prepare for any job interview. No sign-up required. 1:30 p.m. SUMC, Room 411
  • Lecture. The Faculty Community Lecture Series presents Dean Joaquin Ruiz, who will present “”The Origin of Gold in South Africa.”” 7 p.m. University Medical Center, DuVal Auditorium
  • Workshop. Come to a workshop about promoting inclusion and advocacy, part of the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership Fall 2006 Leadership Workshop Series. 5 p.m. SUMC, Sabino Room
  • Agents of Change. Come pledge to fight racism, bias and bigotry and get a free Agent of Chance T-shirt. A reggae DJ and the Indian dance group Desi Hungama will be part of this Diversity Initiatives event. 11 a.m. UA Mall, SUMC Food Court, Cellar
  • Entertainment

• Free showing. Watch “”Being John Malkovich,”” starring John Cusack, who portrays a puppeteer who discovers a door in his office that allows him to enter the life of John Malkovich for 15 minutes. Free. 7 p.m. SUMC, Gallagher Theater
  • Trivia Tuesdays. Play free trivia games while you hang out at the Park Student Union. All day. PSU, dining room
  • Video game tournament. Come show off your stellar dance movies during the “”In the Groove”” and “”Dance Dance Revolution”” video game tournaments. $2. SUMC, Games Room
  • Poker night. Bring your best poker face to Poker Mix Games Night. 6 p.m. $3. SUMC, Games Room