Date Book

Campus Events

• EA Sports NCAA Football Challenge. This competition travels to 16 colleges around the nation and gives students the chance to win a trip to Orlando, Fla. Noon. Old
      Main Fountain
  • Free Mercury viewing. The Flandrau Science Center is offering a free public viewing as Mercury passes in front of the sun. The viewing will offer solar demonstrations from noon to 5 p.m., a live Web cast of the transit and free posters and handouts. In addition, Ann Spraque will give a lecture at 1 p.m. titled “”Mercury: Planet Closest to the Sun.”” Noon. Flandrau Science Center
  • h+ meeting. Matthew Goodman wil give an introduction to the book “” Radical Evolution: The Promise and Peril of Enhancing Our Minds, Our Bodies and What it Means to Be Human”” by Joel Garreau. Noon. Student Union Memorial Center, Presidio Room
  • Lecture. The Law, Criminal Justice and Security Program Speaker Series presents Alessandra Soler Meetze, who will speak about the 2001 class-action lawsuit brought on behalf of 11 motorists in the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona. Free. James E. Rogers College of Law building, Room 146
  • Graduate writing workshop. Victoria Stefani will discuss “”Creating Successful Oral Presentations: From Proposals to Conference Papers.”” 4 p.m. Modern Languages building, Room 410

Entertainment

• Free screening. In 1985, Doc Brown invented time travel. In 1955, Marty McFly accidentally prevented his parents from meeting, putting his own existence at stake. Brought to you by the BOARD films, “”Back to the Future”” will be showing for free. 7:30 p.m. SUMC,
      Gallagher Theater
  • Wilbur’s Wacky Relay. Part of this weeks Homecoming events, grab some friends and prepare to get messy. Are you ready to face a tub of goo, pies in the face, football gear, some wacky trikes and the biggest slip-and-slide you’ve ever seen? Noon, UA Mall
  • Recital. The UA Faculty Artist Series presents “”Viola Plus One,”” featuring violist Yvonne Creanga. The program, which is open to the public, will feature works spanning the musical eras from the baroque to the contemporary. 7 p.m. Free. Music building, Holsclaw Hall