Date Book

Campus Events

• Presentation. A number of presenters are giving a presentation regarding the culture in Afghanistan and the challenges being faced there today. 3 p.m. Free. Cesar E. Chavez building, Room 301
  • Leadership workshop. “”Mars or Venus: Gender Roles in Society”” will be presented courtesy of the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership. 5 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Sabino Room
  • Writing workshop. Joe Stefani discusses “”Review of Punctuation.”” 4 p.m. Free. Education building, Room 318
  • Film. “”Return to the Land of Wonders”” is a documentary by Iraqi-born journalist Maysoon Pachachi. The documentary deals with the daily struggles of the Iraqi people. 7 p.m. Free. Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, Room 130
  • Club meeting. The Society for Creative Anachronisms, a medieval re-enactment group, has a meeting today. For more information visit http://clubs.asua.arizona.edu/~stfelix/. 6:30 p.m. Free. SUMC, Picacho Room
  • Hygiene for Humanity. The Student Association for International Relief Effort (SAFIRE) will be all over campus today accepting donations and hygiene products to benefit the nation of Sri Lanka as it continues to recover from the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami. You can contact SAFIRE through Neha Datta at ua_safire@hotmail.com. All day. Numerous campus locations
  • Poster and photo gallery. A number of poster and photo exhibits dealing with women in the Muslim world will be on campus as part of Islamic Awareness Week. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free. UA Mall
  • Entertainment

• Pool tournament. UA students are invited to participate in this pool event. 6 p.m. $3. SUMC. Games Room
  • Exhibit. “”On Our Own Time”” is an art exhibit showcasing the works of UA staff members. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery