Your UA Finals Week Calendar

Angela Martinez

First year law students, Rachel Lopez, Allie Whitehill and Kelly Mull study at the Daniel F. Cracchiolo law library on Nov. 8.

With finals week coming around the corner, the University of Arizona is planning relaxing activities for students to reduce stress and enhance their studying methods. The events are placed all around different parts of campus, so students living anywhere are able to attend.

Through Dec. 14, the UA’s Campus Recreation Center will be hosting drop in water basketball games. This event starts at 6 a.m. and ends at 10 p.m. and is available during all the regular rec pool hours. The water basketball games will take place at the Campus Recreation Pool.

Also through Dec. 14, the Counseling and Psych services (CAPS) triage will be offering an ear to UA students who want to talk about their stress. It will take place on the third floor, southeast corner of Student Health from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Free blue books will be given out during regular hours until Dec. 14 at the University of Arizona Bookstore, located at the Student Union Memorial Center.

From Dec. 4 to Dec. 14, Campus Recreation will be providing students free snacks and a place to study for finals. The study room is located at the Recreational Center upstairs, in the North Conference Room.

Another Campus Rec event taking place from Dec. 4 to Dec. 6 are bouldering workshops. This includes the boulder wall, sand volleyball courts, music, a workout and fun new routes! The workshops are offered Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week at the Campus Recreation Bouldering area.

On Dec. 5, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., the UA Health Science Library will have free coffee, donuts and therapy dogs to pet.

Dec. 6 at 8 a.m., the Campus Health lobby will be giving out free granola bars, apples and oranges. Also on Dec. 6, the FSW Kick-Off event will be happening, taking place at 10 a.m. on the UA Mall. This includes free food, farmer’s market, giveaways, study resources and more.

Another activity at the Mall going on Dec. 6 is “De-stress With Therapy Dogs,” where you can pet therapy dogs in order to become less stressed about finals, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

On Dec. 7, from 6 until 7:30 p.m. at the Kiewit Auditorium at the UA Health and Sciences Cancer Center, there will be an “ELEVATE” event, which is a program that teaches effective strategies to enhance one’s academic performance. Some of these strategies include yoga and artistic activities made to help one feel more relaxed and focused.

Also taking place on Dec. 7, there will be a Game Night event at the Main Library. This game night includes table-top games, snacks and an aromatherapy garden. Yoga classes are also included at 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. Game Night lasts until 9 p.m. 

There will be a free, late-night breakfast offered on Dec. 7 starting at 9 p.m. The breakfast includes pancakes with optional butter and syrup, sausage and a free fountain drink or coffee. Participating locations include Cactus Grill on the third floor of the Student Union Memorial Center, Nosh at Park Student Union and Bear Down Kitchen on the fourth floor of the Football Stadium’s north end zone.

Starting on Dec. 8 and ending on the 13 at the Campus Recreation center, free group fitness cardio classes will be given from noon to 6:30 p.m. The schedule of classes is located on the UA Rec Center website, rec.arizona.edu/fsw.

Another game night will be occurring at the UA Main Library on Dec. 8 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., including snacks, tabletop games and therapy dogs. At the UA’s Fine Arts library, there will be free coffee, donuts and therapy dogs from 6–8 p.m.

On Dec. 9 and 10, Campus Rec will be extending their hours from 7 to 12 a.m.

The Main and Science and Engineering libraries will play host to a game night on Dec. 10. Therapy dogs will be at the game night, along with snacks. This will go from 7 to 9 p.m.

On Dec. 11, 12, 13 and 14, the Campus Health lobbies will again be giving out free fruit and granola bars starting at 8 a.m. and ending at 4:30 p.m.

Also again at the Campus Rec will be another bouldering event, offering workshops for sand volleyball, climbing the boulder wall, music, a workout and routes. This will be Dec. 11 and Dec. 12 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.

With various de-stressing activities to choose from at the UA, students should have a better chance of relaxing throughout finals week and do well on their finals.

Follow The Daily Wildcat on Twitter