Pizza Plus #1 OK

Lisa Beth Earle/ Arizona Daily Wildcat

Pizza Plus #1, the restaurant that replaced Los Betos at Speedway Boulevard and Park Avenue, offers a mixture of all-you-can-eat buffets, specialty items, late hours, and low prices for their decent tasting food.
    Lisa Beth Earle
    Lisa Beth Earle/ Arizona Daily Wildcat Pizza Plus #1, the restaurant that replaced Los Betos at Speedway Boulevard and Park Avenue, offers a mixture of all-you-can-eat buffets, specialty items, late hours, and low prices for their decent tasting food.

A new pizza place has taken up residence near campus. Pizza Plus #1 is offering up $5.99 all-you-can-eat pizza where Los Beto’s once sat at 914 E. Speedway Blvd. next door to Subway. While it isn’t the most outstanding pizza you’ll ever eat, its hours can’t be beat. Open 10 a.m. to 2 a.m., Monday to Saturday, this place is a college student’s paradise.

Despite its basic décor, the pizza isn’t too shabby. It can definitely compete with CiCi’s pizza on the northwest side — one of its only competitors in the all-you-can-eat pizza business. Pizza Plus #1 is looking into a liquor license as well as delivery to the dorms.

Pizza Plus #1 offers New York and Chicago style pizzas, as well as basic salads, pastas and such. There isn’t much to say about the pizza. The crust is decent and the sauce is a nice mix of sweet and savory. I’d call it a step above fast-food style delivery joints, but it’s not quite Brooklyn or Zachary’s. Despite this, if you’re in the vicinity and need some cheap or late-night eats, this is your best option, especially if you’re sick of late-night burritos and cheeseburgers.

If owner John Grother goes through with the liquor license and Pizza Plus #1 starts selling alcohol, this place will officially overtake other late-night eateries on campus as a post-partying hangout. Its location right at the southwest corner of North Park Avenue and East Speedway Boulevard makes it convenient and a nice change of pace.

While it may not be the world’s greatest eats and its atmosphere is that of any other pizza joint, Pizza Plus #1 makes a great option for college students in need of cheap, late-night.