DateBook

EVENTS/LECTURES

• Housing Fair. The 2006 Spring Off-Campus Housing and Living Fair brings all the information one needs about living off-campus. Representatives from apartment complexes, real estate agencies, utility companies and more will be on hand to answer any questions about living off-campus. 10 a.m. UA Mall
  • Job Workshop. Learn the most effective strategies in finding a job or career-related experience. It is important to use a variety of job search methods to increase your potential for success. No sign-up required. Noon. Student Union Memorial Center, Career Services, Suite 411
  • Lecture. Matthew M. Mars presents “”The Emerging Domains of Entrepreneurship Education: Students, Faculty and the Capitalist Academy.”” 1 p.m. Education building, Room 311
  • Writing Workshop. Joe Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss “”The Basics of MLA and APA Styles.”” 4 p.m. Psychology building, Room 205
  • ENTERTAINMENT

• Music. Come enjoy your lunch while listening to the sounds of the newest music releases as provided by Replay Music and Entertainment. Noon. SUMC, Underground Courtyard
  • Music. Singing the gospel in song for an hour. Noon. UA Mall, main stage
  • Film. Africana Film Series Presents: Africa: The Story of A Continent – “”This Magnificent African Cake.”” This film by Basil Davidson provides remarkably clear insights into the troubling period in Africa’s history from European exploration to colonization. 5 p.m. CǸsar E. Chǭvez building, Room 111
  • CD Release Party. Join the department of communication professor Michael Dues for an evening of live music from his just-released folk CD, Being Human, a small collection of songs about being human on the rough road to a better place. A portion of CD sale proceeds will benefit the David Williams Scholarship Fund. 6 p.m. SUMC, Cellar
  • Comedy. Come watch as the Charles Darwin Experience provides entertaining improvisational comedy. This one-hour show is sure to make you laugh. 10:15 p.m. SUMC, Cellar