FINAL: UCLA beats Arizona 75-71

UCLA Bruins celebrate after wining the Pac-12 Tournament Final against Arizona at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday.
Rebecca Marie Sasnett

LAS VEGAS — The No. 1 seeded Arizona (30-4) men’s basketball team lost to UCLA 75-71 in the championship game of the Pac-12 tournament in front of a sold-out crowd at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

UCLA (26-8) won its fourth Pac-10/12 conference tournament championship, tying Arizona for the most.

After trailing the Bruins by 11 in the first half, Arizona’s offense emerged and cut UCLA’s lead to three by halftime.

With 15:42 remaining, Arizona grabbed its first lead of the game when freshman forward Aaron Gordon made a free throw. The lead continued to fluctuate back and forth until the final minute when a three-pointer by UCLA’s Jordan Adams pulled the Bruins ahead for good. The score was tied seven times and the lead changed 10 times in the contest.

Gordon scored 11 points, eight rebounds and eight assists.

Junior guard Nick Johnson finished with 22 points, five rebounds to accompany two assists, three blocks and steal. He shot 9-for-20 from the field and 3-for-8 from beyond the arc.

Junior point guard T.J. McConnell compiled six points, six assists, two turnovers and two steals.

Sophomore center Kaleb Tarczewski ended with 12 points and seven rebounds.

—Follow Evan Rosenfeld @EvanRosenfeld17