Students meet their possible majors today

The UA’s annual Meet Your Major Fair, sponsored by the Center for Exploratory Students, will be held in the Student Union Memorial Center Grand Ballroom today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The fair will introduce undergraduates to various majors, resources and opportunities on campus. The fair is not only directed toward undeclared students, but is open to undergraduates interested in adding a major or changing their current one, said Mika Galilee-Belfer, advising specialist in the Center for Exploratory Students.

There will be representatives from almost every major on campus, as well as the Office of Study Abroad and Student Exchange and Career Services. Representatives include faculty, advisers and students, whom will be available to speak with undergraduates throughout the entire fair.

As students arrive they will receive guidance as to what questions are most effective when approaching a department.

Angie Register-Matthias, administrative associate in the Center for Exploratory Students, said the fair is a good way for students to get information and contacts without needing to visit each department.

Galilee-Belfer said there is a lot of excitement surrounding the introduction of the general studies major, offered through the Center for Exploratory Students in the Colleges of Letters, Arts and Science. Students should also be aware of the College of Science’s new majors, neuroscience and cognitive science, and information sciences technology and arts.