PoliceBeat

A male student was arrested for underage drinking after he was found extremely intoxicated in his dorm room at La Paz Residence Hall, 602 N. Highland Ave., at 12:44 a.m. Oct. 20, reports stated.

Paramedics were already on scene when police arrived. The 18-year-old had heavily slurred speech and had vomited in the room earlier.

The student had a hard time communicating with the police. Police followed the paramedics to University Medical Center, where the student was treated for consumption of alcohol.

Police returned to UMC at 6 a.m. to check on the student’s condition and arrest him for underage drinking.

The student was sitting up in bed and his mother was present.

The student said he had been at an off-campus party and had several shots of hard liquor to drink. He also said that he did not know how he got back to his room.

Police explained the charges and court appearances to the student and his mother. The student said that he would be at his court date.

A fight at the University House Apartments, 1150 E. Eighth St., was broken up when police arrived Oct. 21, reports stated.

Police responded to the area at 12:05 a.m. A large crowd was standing in a circle and two men were wrestling on the ground on the west side of the complex. Police flashed their emergency lights as they pulled up to the group. Several people in the group turned toward the police car and started to yell that the police were there.

The group immediately dispersed in all directions. The two subjects fighting were spotted as they released each other and stood up. One of the subjects took off and ran southwest away from the scene. The other man tried to run toward a large group gathered on the porch of one of the apartments.

Police yelled at the man to stop running. The officer was able to grab the back of the man’s shirt and pull him to the ground. The man was placed into handcuffs for questioning.

Blood from minor cuts and the man’s nose covered his face. He said he did not know the other man and told police he wanted to press charges.

No arrests were made at the time when the Tucson Police Department took over the investigation.

A man was arrested on an outstanding Pima County warrant after police found him near Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall, 940 E. Fifth St., Oct. 21, reports stated.

The man was walking slowly across the parking lot behind the residence hall when police stopped him. The man said he was cutting through campus on his way to his girlfriend’s house on East Sixth Street and North Euclid Avenue.

The warrant was for failure to appear in court for possession of marijuana. Police transported the man to Pima County Jail to be booked.

A set of keys was found on the UA Mall near the Stevie Eller Dance Theater, 1737 E. University Blvd., at 8 p.m. Oct. 21, reports stated.

Police have no leads as to who the owner of the keys is.

The keys were placed into property for safekeeping.

A man was cited for trespassing when he was spotted in Arizona Stadium, 540 N. Vine Ave., after he had been ejected from the game and told not to return Oct. 21, reports stated.

When police contacted the man, he tried to run away. He was able to exit the stadium but was stopped on the outside by a security guard. The officer who was chasing him forced him to the ground and placed the man in handcuffs. The man said he ran because he thought he could get away from the police.

During the third quarter, the man was ejected for disorderly conduct after he poked a female attendee in the chest with a red plastic trumpet.

A man was cited for disorderly conduct and assault after a fight in Arizona Stadium, 1737 E. University Blvd., Oct. 21, reports stated.

The man threw a bottle onto the field during the game. Another man who saw the bottle being thrown turned around and told the man he was being disrespectful. The man then threw another bottle at the second man and jumped on him.

Police separated the men and cited and released the man who threw the bottles. Police noted that the man smelled like alcohol.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.