Grab Bag

Polygamists are not your pals

A polygamist compound was discovered in El Dorado, Texas, essentially imprisoning over 400 children, according to an Associated Press article. The article described the scene, from information released Tuesday by officials, as a place “”of pervasive sexual abuse where girls were groomed to accept sex at puberty and boys were indoctrinated to perpetuate the cycle.”” Apparently these children were taken to this ranch by their parents. It’s just interesting to me how people are manipulated by religion. There were no details as to why the parents of these children voluntarily dropped their kids off at this place, like they were dropping them off at school. But my guess is it was some sort of bullshit outreach program saying they would keep the children safe or it was a better place for them to get closer to a higher being, or something ridiculous like that. It just seems absurd to me that people can get away with this kind of stuff for so long. Have we not learned anything from the history of our own world?

Don’t cry for me; I’m already dead…

I found this on PerezHilton.com. A six-year-old boy was admitted to Britain’s Hull Royal Infirmary for alcohol-related problems last year. The figures for the center were released in a report focusing on alcohol problems among people under 25, according to The Sun. The article also went on to say that many people in the report had parents who would buy them alcohol. What is with parents in this world today?! Eh, maybe it’s just a British thing.

Confession time

I must admit, I do venture to TheDirty.com sometimes, although it is so mean. But yet, people keep going to the site because of that very reason. Of course, one would never want to be “”blasted”” on the site for everyone to see, but I say if you’re there in the first place looking at other people being “”blasted”” and you’re laughing at them, then really how much in the right are you? The site is basically an open forum blogging device, people e-mail the blogger, Nik Richie, who puts them up on the site according to “”Dirty school”” or “”Dirty city”” and comments on them. Check it out!