Date Book

• “”CafǸ VI: The Journeys of Cuban Artists.”” This exhibit explores coffee as a poetic metaphor for Cuban cultural identity. Through Oct. 29. Student Union Memorial Center, third floor, Union Gallery
  • “”The Book as Art.”” An exhibition of contemporary artists’ books in the UA Libraries. Through Oct. 22. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. UA Main Library, Special Collections
  • What Is My Civil Responsibility? Part of the ATLAS Leadership Certification Workshop Series. 10-11 a.m. Free. Center for Student Involvement and Leadership, SUMC, fourth floor
  • AIDS Walk registration booth. 1-4 p.m. today and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday. UA Mall
  • Weekly writing workshop. Victoria Stefani will discuss “”Overcoming Awkwardness and Avoiding Grammatical Errors.”” 5-6 p.m. Modern Languages building, Room 410
  • “”The Loss of Liberty.”” This documentary explores Israel’s attack on the U.S.S. Liberty in 1967, and why the media ignored it for 30 years. 7-9 p.m. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering building, Room S202
  • “”Both Sides of the Slide.”” A trombone Faculty Artist Series recital introducing MoisǸs Paiewonsky to the UA School of Music faculty. Paiewonsky will perform works by composers such as Mozart and Puccini. 7:30 p.m. Free. School of Music building, Crowder Hall