Police Beat

A student was cited for underage drinking the night of Feb. 4 after police saw him and three other men cross the street without using a crosswalk on North Park Avenue and East Sixth Street, reports stated.

Police noticed the student and the three men around 10:30 p.m. The student had a bottle in his hand and when he saw police, he put it behind his back, reports stated.

Police then asked the student what was in the bottle and the student said, “”Part of a mixed drink from a party over at Coronado.””

The student admitted to being under 21.

Police poured out the bottle, and the liquid smelled like rum and soda.

The student and the three men were released.

A student was cited for underage drinking the night of Feb. 5 after police saw him put a beer can on the ground in front of Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall, 910 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

Police approached the student around 6:30 p.m. and

noticed the student smelled like alcohol.

The student had red watery eyes. The beer can on the ground was cold to the touch, reports stated.

The student told police he had put the beer down because he did not want to get into any trouble.

The student said he had another beer can in his pants pocket and gave it to police.

The student was released, reports stated.

A man was cited for trespassing the night of Feb. 5 after several UA employees asked him to leave the Student Union Memorial Center, 1303 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

Police arrived around 8:30 p.m. A UA employee said the man had been asked to leave several times, but was ignoring the requests.

When police asked the man what he was doing, the man said, “”nothing,”” reports stated.

A records check showed the man had been warned by

police several times to stay off of campus.

The man had a blanket, a pillow, toiletries and a bag of clothes with him.

The man was released, reports stated.

A glass pane in a door at the BioSciences West building, 1041 E. Lowell St., was broken by a rock the night of Feb. 6, reports stated.

A student told police he had entered the building around 11 p.m. The student said he left about an hour later to find the glass pane broken.

The student said he had not seen nor heard the incident.

There was a rock lying on the ground next to the door.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A student was cited for underage drinking early in the morning of Feb. 3 after she was found throwing up in Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

Police arrived around 12:30 a.m. The student told police she had been drinking shots of rum.

She was transported to University Medical Center for

extreme intoxication, reports stated.

A student was cited for underage drinking early in the morning of Feb. 3 after a resident assistant from Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., told police the student seemed drunk, reports stated.

When police arrived around 2 a.m. the student was lying on the floor. The student smelled like alcohol.

The student then got up and started throwing up in a trashcan.

The student’s friend said she and the student had been at two different fraternity parties.

The student was taken to UMC for extreme intoxication, reports stated.

About $270 in food was taken from the Alpha Phi sorority, 1339 E. First St., sometime between the night of Feb. 2 and the morning of Feb. 3, reports stated.

An employee at the sorority house said she arrived at the sorority around 6:30 a.m. to find barbecue sauce, chocolate sauce and syrup spilled on the floor.

The employee said she then discovered there were

numerous food items gone including cereal, granola bars, pasta and fajita meat.

The trashcan had also been filled with milk, reports

stated.

The employee said a resident told her that she had heard a commotion in the kitchen between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m.

There were no signs of forced entry, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.