“Greek Life vanishes, UAPD becomes all-powerful”

In 2010, the UA exists as a heavily Greek Life-dominated campus, which brings about the inevitable divide among incoming freshmen even before the school year officially begins. Young women participating in Greek Life already belong to a sorority by the time classes begin, and the ones who choose not to join the system already know there is something they are not part of.

However, the positive and negative elements of the UA’s Greek Life are really irrelevant considering the hyper-sensitive University of Arizona Police Department. In 125 years, all remnants of sorority and fraternity activity will vanish, leaving only artifacts and debris of what once was a fratty, party-heavy, ponytail-bopping, letter-wearing-dominated student body.

But it is not only the letter-wearing fellows who will suffer. Funds for the UAPD only seem to be increasing, meaning that the police will become more and more restrictive. Breaking up house parties, frat parties and ticketing underage drinkers for a suspicious red cup have become nightly favorites for the UAPD.

In 125 years, the number of officers hunting for underage drinkers and sucking the fun out of being a college student will become unbearable, thereby causing a revolution in which the campus will turn into an insane asylum and fulfill the proposition made for Tucson in 1885.

— Alexandra Bortnik is a creative writing junior.