Parking Conditions Changing

New construction will again push parking lots further out along the campus perimeter, according to Robert L. Houston, vice president for physical resources.

The effects of the construction, however, will be greater this year than in the last several years because many vital spots will be eliminated, he said.

THE FACULTY will be hardest his as the number of parking spaces close toward the center of campus is reduced, said Houston.

The faculty lot just north of the administration parking lot will be eliminated sometimes in October or November when the Latter-Day-Saints begin an addition to their building. The University will continue to lease the lot from LDS until construction begins.

The faculty lot on Cherry and Third St., west of the lunar laboratory, will be changed from a W lot to an A lot so that it may be used by those now parking in the LDS lot. It will also be able to accommodate those now parking in the faculty lot south of the Science Library when the addition to the library is begun.

THE BIGGEST change in student parking will occur east of the Cherry in the area of the future McKale memorial Center. Students using these lots will be required to park even farther to the east until construction is completed.

There will be enough parking spaces for everyone, said Houston. It will just take a little longer to get to class for everyone will have a little­–or a lot–– further to walk.