Police Beat

A student was cited and released for shoplifting at the Park Student Union, 615 E. Park Ave., at 12:41 p.m. Sept. 14, reports stated.

A PSU employee saw a man eating from the salad bar before paying. The employee approached the man and told him he could not eat before paying for his food.

The employee said the man then left the Styrofoam container with salad bar items in it by the soda machine and continued to pay for his other items.

The man told police he had two or three macaroni noodles while he was waiting for a hamburger.

The employee told police the union has a zero-tolerance policy regarding shoplifting and she wished to press charges against the student.

A citation and court date were given to the student.

A man was cited for driving with a suspended license and exhibition of speed in the area of East Speedway Boulevard and North Euclid Avenue at 3:20 p.m. Sept. 14, reports stated.

The driver broke his rear tires loose at 25 mph and stayed on the throttle.

The man told the police he was in a hurry and said, “”I gotta take a shit.”” He explained that he took off so quickly because he wanted to get in front of the bus.

A court date was issued to the man.

A bike was found in the front yard of 1204 N. First Ave. at 8 a.m. Sept. 13, reports stated.

The resident said the purple mountain bike could have been left on the property after 10 p.m. Sept. 12.

The serial number on the bicycle came back negative for being stolen. It was placed into found property for safekeeping.

A student’s Apple G4 laptop was stolen from the Main Library, 1510 E. University Blvd., between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Sept. 13, reports stated.

The student was sitting at a desk on the fourth floor of the library when he left his backpack unattended to go to the bathroom.

When he returned to gather his things to leave, he noticed the backpack felt lighter than usual and saw that his laptop was gone.

The student did not know the computer’s serial number and did not have any information on a suspect.

A student was arrested for underage drinking and possession of a fake license after police were alerted that she passed out in the back of a taxi at 10:52 p.m. Sept. 15, reports stated.

Police were flagged down by a taxi driver and told that a woman was passed out on the ground at East First Street and North Cherry Avenue. At the location, police found a group of women trying to wake up a woman who was incapacitated and in the back of a taxi.

One of the women in the group told the police they had been to a Delta Chi fraternity date dash that night.

Police called for medical assistance and searched the woman’s purse for identification. They found two driver’s licenses, one from Arizona and the other from California. The Arizona ID matched the woman’s appearance.

The woman was transferred to University Medical Center for extreme intoxication. UMC staff later told the police that the woman’s blood alcohol level was .342.

The police contacted the woman the next day at the Chi Omega sorority house, 1420 E. First St., and gave her a citation.

The woman said she understood the charges and the dangers of excessive drinking.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu