FINAL: Arizona takes down Stanford 91-69 on senior day

Kyle Hansen

Arizona guard T.J. McConnell triumphantly walks off the court for the last time in his college basketball career at the end of Arizona’s 91-69 victory over Stanford in McKale Center on Saturday.

Arizona men’s basketball celebrated Senior Day and its second straight outright Pac-12 Conference championship with a 91-69 blowout win over Stanford.

No. 5 Arizona (28-3, 16-2 Pac-12) extended its nation leading home winning streak to 38 games on Saturday as it finished undefeated at home for the second straight season.

Arizona senior point guard T.J. McConnell got a double-double in his last game in McKale Center, with 10 points and 11 assists. Forward Brandon Ashley scored 15 points and had nine rebounds.

Ten Wildcats scored, and five scored in double figures.

UA shot 54 percent from the field, 47 percent from three and 78 percent from the free-throw line. Stanford (18-12, 9-9) shot 37 percent, 39 percent from beyond the arc and 77 percent from the charity stripe.

Arizona guard Gabe York scored 13 points. Center Kaleb Tarczewski scored 13 points and had five rebounds.

Stanford guard Chasson Randle scored 16 points but fouled out. SU center Stefan Nastic scored 14 points but also fouled out.

Game notes

-Arizona has won 11 in a row against Stanford

-The teams were called for a combined 100 fouls in their two games this season

-McConnell’s only loss in McKale Center was when he played Duquesne

-Arizona led for 39:41

-The Wildcats’ bench outscored the Cardinal 41-15